Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bamboo

Thanks

I make two holders out of a piece of split bamboo, so you can easily take the pipe down if you need it.

I would like to show you but unfortunately I can not figure out how to put pictures. But it looks great and naturally.
    Regards, Mia

Thanks

I just got a wicked sweet idea from another thread on here in the snake section... It involves using Closet Rod Sockets. Check them out at walmart Just search this... Stanley Hardware 817500 Closet Rod Sockets

I ordered 10 of them off of Ebay for $20. They have a diameter of 1 3/8" so I should be able to fit a piece of bamboo in it. If not I will drimmel the edges and round it off smaller until it fits.

The cages I just ordered are from the pangea store. The arboreal PVC cage. I will be painting all the PVC Black, so these will get painted as well. I will line everything up, cut the bamboo to where it adds a tiny amount of pressure with its fit, and put some 3m double sided tape between the rod sockets and the PVC Walls. Should make for something very secure and at the same time since the rod sockets have a full circle, and a half circle I can simply lift the bamboo rod and pull it out and put it back in with ease for cleaning....

I think this is perfect. I feel like a pioneer. I will put up picks when finished if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE View Post
    Should make for something very secure and at the same time since the rod sockets have a full circle, and a half circle I can simply lift the bamboo rod and pull it out and put it back in
    Great idea! I use PVC covered in black silicone and coco fiber, those would slip in nice too!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Splitting a small piece of pvc pipe and using silicone to mount the half rounds to the wall make for great bamboo cradles.

Thanks

I actually just did a bunch of searching for sources of bamboo. There are a number of bamboo nurseries in SoCal and most of them should have poles for sale, and you might be able to get some unusual kinds. I'm looking into several growers near me (NorCal) that have poles for sale and hopefully I can get some oddities from them too. (One has a black bamboo 1" dia pole 12 feet long for like $9.00, and they offer 2" dia too, plus normal tan ones--they don't ship poles though) I'm trying for blue, Buddha belly, and of course black since it looks great. And they are properly dried, though I'd still have to disinfect them. So look around for bamboo nurseries in your area. I was figuring to attach some sort-of horizontally in my big terrarium build. I was planning on using black silicone and pressing some moss into it while it's still fresh. If I was making a beam for an arboreal snake (or anything fairly heavy), I'd probably go with the closet rod hangers so I could remove the rod for cleaning purposes and because they can hold a lot more weight. So...check out bamboo nurseries.

Thanks

little late to this necro'd thread but I just posted a diy for them sortof. similar to Big Tom's idea
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...-Bamboo-Ledges