Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Starting a roach colony

Thanks

I went out and bought some roach traps today. Sorry I over looked the post about the adult lats. I don't know, I have yet to see anyone selling mostly adults. Double D's (doubleds.org I think) has mixed 100count for $10. Best price I've seen

Thanks

How do you catch lateralis to feed them off. I try pulling the males out to feed to my beardie and it takes forever and I only managed to get two. If my colony was big enough I wouldn't worry and grab what I could get. But it's not and I'm out of crickets again.

Thanks

I've found some escaped hissers. Sigh. Couple of weeks ago I found a nymph, very very small, downstairs on the other side of the house. The same day my dad found the lateralis down there. It was short and round so I didn't think it was a hisser but threw it in there anyway. I've noticed that several nymphs are more round than long like the rest of the hissers. Well, I have found a few more loose one's since then. I really wish I could flip them and get some dubia or such. Looking to feed a beardie and possibly a tegu soon. I definitly need a good strong colony before I get a tegu. Maybe I should just stick with my beardie for an attention lover. Either way I'm wondering how many loose roaches I have in my house. I had bought roach traps and now I can't find them anywhere.

The orange heads arrived steamed, cooked to death, and I emailed the company about it and have recieved no replies.