Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a roach colony

Thanks

Default Starting a roach colony

Has anyone bought roaches from double d's?

How long would it take to get a self sufficient colony for a beardie out of 100 Lateralis roaches? I'm thinking of ordering up to 500, but most likely only 300. I need to get a colony going A.S.A.P. Havn't had luck with crickets and I keep running out.

Thanks

I traded a female gargoyle for about 3000 lobsters...And their breeding like crazy...I made a lil feeder colony...But the other ones are breeding like crazy...ANd my berdie loves them....

Thanks

I wish I could start with a 1000 or more. I don't have that kind of money. How many extra lobsters do you have that you could sell? I'd do lobsters if I got them cheap enough until I can get some dubia started. Problem is that I'm out of crickets NOW. sigh.

Thanks

I just ordered 500 Lateralis Roaches from double d's.

So I just spent over $100 tonight on feeder insects. I'm so broke and in debt. I can't pay off my credit card and just added to it. Sad part is that the only thing I buy for myself is food and gas to get to work and back.

Thanks

Lateralis are pretty much the worse roach ever...They look alot like house roaches....their really fast....and dont have alot of meat.....what other insects did you get...

Thanks

Now you say that. sigh. I ordered 4000 crickets. I thought the lateralis and lobster were about the same for feeding. That they were cricket size blahblah. Sigh. This was to get something started till I get the dubia colony and get it going good. They're part of a trade that I'm waiting to get finished *cough*cough* They're only for one beardie and a few for the few geckos I will have. Until I get money and room for more beardies.

Thanks

I really like the lateralis They are way better than crickets. They are fast but you soon learn how to catch and handle them. They aren't like house roaches at all. They are the perfect size for cresteds too
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Lateralis also are my main roach colony at present. Dubia and discoid colonies are still getting established. I find the lateralis to be good for cresties because even the adults can be eaten by adult cresties. Dubia and discoid adults are way too large for cresties, but the nymphs are good sized. These larger varieties might be good for your beardie though.

Gary

palex134 Guest

Lateralis are great roaches from all the big roachers I have talked to. They are great sized, and esy to keep and breed. They should be perfect for your cresteds as Sciteacher said. Lobsters are what you want to avoid, smelly, and they can climb glass. I say good choice with the Lateralis!

Thanks

I was worried after ordering them and from what SGV said. Keeping roaches in and of itself is a personal oppinion I suppose. I hope they work out well for me. Waiting for my shipments of feeders.