Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my baby cresties walking in circles! anyone know why?

Thanks

Unhappy my baby cresties walking in circles! anyone know why?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm desperate for answers!! I have a very little baby who was fine one second and the next suddenly began walking in circles. I am worried because everything I have googled has lead me to enigma syndrome but nothing fully explains exactly what this is. We recently added 2 juvenile females to our little family. We had them and our 2 little ones out together but nowhere near each other when he began to circle. Could he be doing this because he's a male and smeeled the females? He is far too young to tell sex yet. But please if anyone knows why my baby might be doing this let me know. PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks

Did you quarantine? If you didn't and your original geckos came in contact with each other they may have contracted anything that this gecko has (if it does have anything, be it something neurological or something like parasites).

I've never heard of a gecko exhibiting these symptoms, but I suggest you call and make an appointment with your local vet, see if they can clear up some things for you.
    Last edited by MeganSandbox; 01-31-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: added info
    3.3.11. -R. ciliatus
    1.1.0. -R. chahoua (mainland)
    0.0.1. - R. chahoua (P.I.)
    1.0.0. -R. auriculatus

Thanks

I don't even think that there's a vet around here for cresties. I will call around and see first thing tomorrow though. They never came in contact with one another so I highly doubt its something that's contagious or was caught from our new girls. We've had the new girls for about three days now and they seem perfectly healthy and normal so far. Maybe my little baby is just a weirdo! Do males do anything weird like this when they smell females? I recorded him doing it. Its really bizarre!

Thanks

You're implying he's very young, and if he is as young as you're saying he wouldn't even give the girls a second look.

Only males who're a little older would really perk for the scent of a female, although members here have said that they've had geckos (12-14g, I'm guessing) seemingly perk up for female scents.
    3.3.11. -R. ciliatus
    1.1.0. -R. chahoua (mainland)
    0.0.1. - R. chahoua (P.I.)
    1.0.0. -R. auriculatus

Thanks

That's what I thought too but thought maybe just maybe that's what it was. I was hoping anyway! He is really young still. Can't be no more than2 or 3 months old. My first thought was neurological but he isn't doing it now so maybe like I said he's just a weird little guy or girl! Thanks for all your help and input though. Its greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Just wondering is the picture a picture you took? If so how old is the baby on your finger? Mine are probly about that size or just a little bigger. I don't know for sure how old mine are and would love to have some kind of an idea! Thank you!

Thanks

I would make sure he's in a very clean and sterile environment for now. from what you describe, it sort of sounds like he was possibly exposed to some kind of neurotoxin. You haven't used any weird cleansers on anything he was on, have you (Febreeze, etc)?
    Possibly brand new furniture with fire retardants on it?
    For a good reptile vet, try www.herpvetconnection.com scroll to the bottom to find your state, and hopefully you'll find an exotics/reptile vet near your area.

If he starts acting really bad, or looks dehydrated, (sunken eyes) get him into a delicup with about a half inch of lukewarm water mixed with some unflavoured pedialyte. Put a paper towel in the bottom so he has something to grip and stand on, so he doesn't completely submerge.
    Hopefully its nothing, just him being a little weirdo, but if it continues, definitely get him to a vet.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

You said you took a video of him doing it can you post it on youtube or somewhere so we can take a look see..?
    3.1.0 Cresties 1.1.1 Cats 1.1.0 Kids

Peace
    Jay

Thanks

See that's the weird thing about it. None of my geckos are exposed to anything of the sort. I don't use chemicals to clean the enclosures just steaming hot water and a good dry oof. Which I do daily because I am scared of them being dirty or getting sick from a dirty enviroment. If anything I keep them too clean! And I know not to use aerosal sprays such as febreeze around them. I haven't the slightest idea why he was doing this. He isn't doing it now though which is good. I wish I could post the video of him doing it I took. Its actually kinda funny now that he seems fine. I am still going to check out the link you gave and find a vet for the future. You have been very helpful thank you

Thanks

I never thought of that. I will put it on youtube and let ya know what its called so you can check him out. In the vid I took he's not even doing it as bad as he was after.