Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crested Geckos vs. Gargoyles

Thanks

I started with cresteds and then got a garg. I love my gargoyle but I think I like my cresties more. I think it all depends on what you like. It's best to see them in person and hold them if possible, so an expo would be best.
    iHerp
    Facebook

Margaret
    6.7.9 Crested geckos

Thanks

there are some silly people who say that gargoyles have boring colors...they aren't as pretty as cresteds, they aren't as beautiful to look at...they just look drab and boring...

Riiiight...

Thanks

I am another person that saw cresties and fell in love with them. I liked the way gargs looked in picctures, but always preferred cresties....And then I saw a young female Gargoyle in person. She was so gorgeous. Black and white striped. It was love at first sight! Now I must have a Gargoyle too. I still adore my cresties, those two cuties aren't going anywhere, but I must have a garg too. I'm going to an expo next month and hoping to bring one home with me

Thanks

I would like at some point to get into Gargs! I have only ever seen one at the expo here.
    ~Amber~
    "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
    Anyanka's Geckos
    RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Thanks

Default Thank you

Thank you to everyone for their replies. I can see I have a lot to think about. I have already started to gather supplies and thinking of the set ups. I look forward to showing off what ever I come home with at the next expo.

Thanks

You said that you enjoy listening to them chirping/talking back and forth to each other at night. So can I just confirm that you keep your Gargoyles together? I heard that you cannot house multiple Gargoyle Geckos together because they act very defensive and aggressive towards others of their species.
    Another question: When do your Gargoyles start to get active? When you turn the lights off or doesnt it matter when u turn the light off and they just start to get active at a certain time every day?
    Greetings

Thanks

Do you mean that Gargoyle get ugly with age?

Thanks

I started with cresties, and then got a garg. Then another. I need a male now. Not want, need. I like both species but the gargs just have something special. As far as gargs bring calmer... One of mine is Cyclone. She earned this. Walls. Under bureaus... I don't hold her. I juggle her.
    1.2.1 Cresties Guinness Bacardi Kahlua & Amaretto
    1.0.0 leopard gecko Ares
    0.2.0 Gargoyle Belladonna TBD
    ...and rats, cats, dogs, chinchillas, a parakeet, 2 Amazon parrots, and a Blue & gold macaw
    http://mbcreaturechronicles.weebly.com/