Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fair Trade?

Thanks

Default Fair Trade?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here I go anyways! I have a nice lateral pin male pictured below and I have someone possibly interested in trading for her bell albino male leopard gecko. I am just wondering if you guys think this is a fair trade?

In my opinion a nice lateral lateral pin like that (ill try and get a picture of other side pinning) would be worth more than a bell? I am told by the woman selling me the bell that bells are worth about 400? but then again I dont know much on the leopard gecko front with morphs... theres so damned many! lol so I thought maybe you guys could help me with this, fair trade? Yay or Nay?

heres some pics of both.

Not fired

Not fully fired goes BLACK (he never wants to fire for pictures! lol)

And Cyris (proven male - may make difference with that info?)

Anywho any opinions would be awesome.
    Shelly
    6.6.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0.0 African Fat-Tailed Gecko
    2.0.0 Boston Terriers
    Lots of people talk to animals.. Not very many listen, though.. That's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Thanks

I don't know much about leopard geckos. But your crestsie is worth about $100-$150, a few years ago he might have been worth 400, but pins have become a lot more common.
    Like I said, I don't know anything about leopards so I have no idea if it's a good trade.

-Sunne-
    Life is like a lump of clay, you can mold it into any shape you want.

15.16.1,000,000 crested geckos. 2.7.2 gargoyle geckos. 1.0.0 leachie. 2 tiger salamanders. 1 spotted salamander. 2 marbled salamanders. 1 paddle-tailed newt. 2 mandarin newts. 1 Hermann's tortoise. 1 box turtle. 5 rats. 5 hedgehogs!

DFTBA!

Check out my rhacs on My iherp

Thanks

Just with the price range ive just seen other leos for like 60-90 in my area (SHTCT, Tremper Albinos, Jungles and patternless rainwaters)... i dont know about bells prices though because leos have way too many morphs out for me to keep up with lol
    Shelly
    6.6.1 Crested Geckos
    2.0.0 Boston Terriers
    Lots of people talk to animals.. Not very many listen, though.. That's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Thanks

I personally dont think its a fair trade money wise, but if your happy with the trade, then go for it. (but I think the other guys making out better than U personally )

Thanks

Ya thats what I had been thinking, but wanted to hear from someone else so I know what im talking about. I am located in alberta canada and honestly up here I dont see alot of nice laterals at all for sale and I search just about every forum and classifieds you can think of across the country when I am ever on the lookout for a new gecko.

Thanks for the input tlbowling
    Shelly
    6.6.1 Crested Geckos
    2.0.0 Boston Terriers

Thanks

[QUOTE=gekogirl;367895] But your crestsie is worth about $100-$150, a few years ago he might have been worth 400, but pins have become a lot more common. [/QOUTE]

Sorry gekogirl I misread your post, when I put that I was told bell albinos were worth 400 I wasnt implying MINE was of that price range just that that is what the lady told me the bell was worth for the trade, I know I couldnt sell mine for 400 lol. I will edit that so someone else is not confused.
    Shelly
    6.6.1 Crested Geckos
    2.0.0 Boston Terriers

Thanks

I like Leos and all, but I'd rather have the Crestie...

I'll trade one of my Leos for a your Crested any day.

-Wes
    4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
    3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.1.0 Gekko gecko
    2.1.0 Python regius

Thanks

personally iv kept both a crested and a leo id stick with the crested there way cooler imo. And u could probably get a bell forma few sites for around 40-75 bucks so id also say the other person is making out better.

Thanks

If I were you I'd keep the crestie, and just go buy your own bell albino they arent that expensive. Or, if you dont want him, sell him, and buy the bell, and you'll still have some extra money in your pocket! I personally would re-think that trade.

Thanks

Your boy there is probably worth $100-200. I have leos and absolutely adore them, and one of mine is a bell. I got her for free. I haven't purchased many leos, so I don't know a ton about pricing, but I don't really think you need to spend $400 to get a bell. I don't mean to call that person a liar, but that gecko doesn't even really look like it has the pink hue of a bell. I know from experience that it's hard to photograph, though. Anyway, I guess I'd just look around and check your options. It depends on whether it's worth it to you. Check breeders' sites and see what they'd charge for a bell. Do you have plans for that pin boy? Would you prefer to keep him, or did you want to sell him, anyway?

You're on a crested forum asking this, so most people would tell you to keep the crested simply because they prefer cresteds over leos. I do love leos, so I would consider it. If the monetary value is going to make or break the deal, then just do some price comparison to see if that boy is worth $100-200 and go from there.
    Currently working with R. ciliatus