Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump/Bump/Tumor on Crestie's neck

Thanks

Default Lump/Bump/Tumor on Crestie's neck

Hey Guys,

Let me just say I do have a vet appt on Friday for my baby boy Amelio but I am having a hard time concentrating with no one to bounce ideas off of as to what's wrong. Any ideas would be great. I will update after my appt as well so I can hopefully help someone else if they go through this.

Symptoms:

He won't eat anything. It's been two weeks. He had a very large poop about a week ago that was very light brown and white. I had put in butter worms for the few nights before (it was his first time with them) so I figured maybe he passed one that wasn't fully digested. Since then I haven't seen anything that resembles feces but I could be missing it among dead crickets. I have tried everything from worms, crickets, and CGD. He's usually a good eater but not so much lately.

The main thing that's concerning me is the lump on his neck. I will upload a picture within the hour or so, I just have to get my camera back. It seems to bother him when I touch it and it's hard. It's definitely moveable. It seems like it's not even attached to him just kind of there in his body.

He's been active when I have him out but I did notice all three of them haven't been moving as much. It could be nothing though.

Recent Changes:

I posted a while ago about my crestie dying in December and everyone said to separate the males I had together. I did so and it appeared once I did, he stopped eating. I don't know if it is related but it follows the timeline.

Also, about a month ago I changed how I was spraying due to comments on here as well when Norma passed. I only spray once a day now, at night.

Tonight I separated all of them and gave CGD. There is white paper towel to see if I can spot any feces as well.

Thanks

pics would be great

4.3.3.6-Crested Geckos
    1.1-Bearded Dragons
    1.1-Pitt Bulls
    2.0-Fancy Rats
    1.0-Mali Uromastyx

Thanks

I just went in to get the pictures and it looks like he might have eaten some CGD! Just a little but still, that's something. Here are the pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks

It look like it could be an infection, glad you have a vet visit already scheduled.

Thanks

o jeez poor guy. good luck at the vet! let us know what happens afterwards

Thanks

I will be sure to fill everyone in. Hopefully he will have good luck.

Thanks

i love that last shot. it's like he's waving 'hi' to us!

it almost looks as though there could be something going on inside his mouth that is making the swelling go underneath. Like an absessed tooth in a human?

I was kinda confused about your statement Since then I haven't seen anything that resembles feces but I could be missing it among dead crickets how many dead crickets are on the floor of your tank that you can't see feces? i guess i'm just really anal about my tanks being dirty!

Thanks

Default Warning about Butter worms!

Hey there, I think you should probably read this thread, and then reconsider feeding butter worms to your crestie, just in case:
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ht=butter+worm
    I'm glad you have a vet appointment, there is no way of knowing if what he has is caused by a reaction to those butterworms, or what. A vet should hopefully know, is your vet a reptile/exotics vet? (if not, try www.herpvetconnection.com to find a reptile/exotics vet.)

Also very glad you hear that you separated your males. Hopefully you and the vet can figure out what is going on here and your gecko will be healthy and happy ASAP.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Saille: I remember that post, and kind of remember the pics, but all photos have been removed from your post (except for the recovery ones!)

Thanks

Shoot, it wasn't my post, the OP must have removed or changed the pics form their photobucket. Basically, their geckos had like.. acid burns on their faces/heads from the butterworms. It took a few months for them to get better, and how the butterworms dd it was inconclusive, if I remember correctly. But still, not a risk I will take with my rhacs.
    I find silkworms, small hornworms, phoenix worms, and roaches to be much better feeders for them.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas