Thread: Syringe Feeding

Thanks

Default Syringe Feeding

My Crested Gecko normally doesn't seem to eat very much. It usually looks like maybe a few bites or he walked through it, never quite sure. Every now and then he'll eat a good portion of it though. I offered him some of the same food from a dropper (Clarks gargoyle food) and he ate the small syringe full for the last several nights. Is this a bad practice? I can't really see his ribs anymore.

Another question, has anyone looked at the Garbo diet posted on repticzone? I mixed some up and I'm wondering if there are any thoughts to how good it would be for feeding cresteds.

Thanks

Thanks

The only reason some may consider it a bad habit is because the crested will get used to being handfed and will potentially stop eating from a bowl entirely. If you don't mind this possibility, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
    1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
    1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
    0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
    1.0 Bearded Dragons
    1.2 Viper Geckos
    1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
    0.1 Panther Geckos
    There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    Another question, has anyone looked at the Garbo diet posted on repticzone? I mixed some up and I'm wondering if there are any thoughts to how good it would be for feeding cresteds.

Thanks
    I tried it at first for my cresties and they seemed to like it. The only thing I found at least for me was freezing it didn't work. Other than that they were gobbling it up. Just be careful with the chicken baby food if you put too much and they can taste it then they won't touch it. Or at least that was my experience. I mainly use Clark's now but still mix up the garbo every once in awhile as a treat.

Thanks

thanks and thanks.
    I don't mind hand feeding. Right now I've only got one gecko. I've got a beardie too.

I mixed up a close resemblence of the garbo because i'm nearly out of clarks right now. I went in last night and caught him eating but he hid after I left and didn't eat anymore of it. I didn't get to put the yogurt in. I was thinking that if you froze the yogurt wouldn't you kill off the active bacteria that's supposed to be good for them?

I just don't understand why he eats so little from the dish but gobbles it down when I feed from syringe.

Thanks for the replies