Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am the new Cat Whisperer!

Thanks

Default I am the new Cat Whisperer!

I always knew I had a "way" with the feline type, but I'm pretty sure that now I should have my own show LOL. I shall explain!

Christmas night I got a call from someone who goes to our church - her son had caught a kitten 2 nights ago. He works at a gas station and they literally saw someone drop off 6 kittens in the back lot. Unfortunately (and fortunately) they were only able to catch 2, one of which he brought home. Apparently she spent the 2 days at this lady's place buried in a pile of towels in an unused shower. Then they had to go out of town, and called me to take care of the little terrified mess.

I have an extra large wire kennel that I used when crate training my (now old) dog, and so I set it up for her - put in boxes covered with towels, lots of soft things, stuffed animals, and covered the whole thing with a blanket. They brought her over and I put her in there and left her alone for the night - she went straight for the box in the back, curled up next to a stuffed horse, and tried to look as invisible as possible. If anybody came into the room she hissed and tried to hide. Next day I spent a lot of time working with her.... and long story short, let's just say she has now made a complete and total 180, literally.

She now thinks that she cannot possibly be touching me enough, that petting and playing is the best thing in the entire world, and that I am her mother. She still hisses at everybody else, but hey, we're making progress. Tonight I even had her out with 4 other people and she stayed curled up in my elbow instead of running away.

I know, I know, how did I type so much without showing you pictures?! Here you go already! And I apologize for the quality, she will NOT HOLD STILL - she has to be petted at all times, and is squirming to have as much of her possible petted at once.

"I loves dis petting."

"And dis cord!"

And you have to see video to appreciate how truly adorable and hilariously needy she is:

Super cute, she looks right at the camera -
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcGFcY6Ang[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry about the camera strap knocking noise... obviously you can see where it came from.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGi5uFoeMJA[/YOUTUBE]

And the best for last! Turn your sound up, she purrs the whole time she's with me, and it's SO LOUD (and adorable)!!
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2EhomI1_0[/YOUTUBE]
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Thanks

Awe, she is adorable! Are you going to be keeping her? You should definitely keep her.

Thanks

Aaww, she is so happy. It looks like you have to keep her, she has already adopted you!
    Paleoart at mmfrankford.deviantart.com

Thanks

I don't think I'll be able to keep her. I think the lady/son who found her are planning on taking her back in a few days. I will miss her a lot, we have definitely bonded!
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Thanks

I vote you keep her
    She's adorable, I love her markings

Thanks

Awwwwwwe Julie!!! Shes so so cute. I so love the loud purring! Thanks for sharing
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

ZOMBIEGAAAAWD....Kittens make me squirm. I want one...or two...or three...or four. I want to jump in a bed full of kittens! So cute Julie! Soooo sooo cute!!! Ahhh~~I love 'zem!!!!

Thanks

Thanks

She's such a little sweetheart! I can hear that purr in all three videos. She's so pretty, too! I hope you end up getting to keep her, since she seems to really like you.

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Thanks

Aw, she's adorable!

You've just got to keep her! She was terrified at their place, and they couldn't bring her out. You did. She *needs* you!

What happened to the other one they caught?

Sheesh. How can people just throw away animals??? Grrrr. (I'm talking about the people who dumped them behind the gas station, not you or your friend. Muchos muchos kudos to your friend for trying to help them, and to you for bringing her out of her shell!)
    *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
    0.2 cats
    0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
    1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)