Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petsmart is carring a pellet crested gecko food now

Thanks

Default Petsmart is carring a pellet crested gecko food now

I just went to give a friend of mine a crested gecko. She had gone to petsmart to get crested gecko diet and a tank set-up. They did not have rapashy but instead a pellet food by flukers? WTF??? She told me that is what they are stocking now. But they are feeding their babies the rapashy. I just don't see cresties eating little dry pellet food. the pellets where maybe two millimeter in diameter. Has anybody else heard of this? I plan on speaking to them on the morrow. Say very clearly that I am a local breeder, this is the industry standard food, and I will not be sending people over to your store to get food, and as a result, supplies, because they don't carry the appropriate food. If they want to carry both that is fine, but they will not get by business and referrals unless they carry the repashy. Doubt it would do any good. but....

I read the bottle, there is no mention of soaking the food, and it mentioned feeding insects, but not if insects are required, or if the food is complete.

Here is the only link I can see to the food when I google it, it is not on the petsmart site yet. http://www.coldbloodedsupply.com/pro...ws#ProductTabs

I left a review, I doubt they will post it because it is, well states why, I would never, never feed this kibble to my cresties. No profanity, but a WTF and not the most political
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Here's an old thread regarding a pelleted food that was available a while ago:
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...et+food&page=5
    As far as I can recall from any threads, it was deemed gross and I can't remember that anybody's geckos would even touch the stuff.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Wow, thanks lady, and that was 4 years ago. mmmm insect people, wonder if it is the same food. fluke's does lots, and lots of insect stuff. I will try and get the ingredients tomorrow
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Yeah, Petsmart and Petco have also picked up zoo-med's DRY powder Crestie Diet that's pretty awful, too. I got a bottle from my store's Zoo-Med rep, to give it a try (he was trying to convince us to carry it.) NONE of my cresties would touch that stuff, not that I blame them. Repashy, unfortunately, is getting harder and harder for stores to find since a lot of wholesalers are dropping the T-Rex product line completely. I haven't seen the pellet stuff yet but I'll try to check it out or get a sample bottle next time I'm doing orders just to see it for myself.
    14th Street Geckos

Currently working with: crested geckos, gargoyle geckos; Gonatodes albogularis; leopard geckos, pictus geckos; Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Oh boy...way to go, Petsmart. That's disappoints me a little bit about Fluker's having something to do with it.

Thanks

Where is everyone seeing this? The old stuff, made by Rapashy was discontinued. My question was, Rapashy still makes food for cresteds, so why not get something else...however, I have not stocked any pelleted food for cresteds made by Flukers, so what stores are you seeing this at? Pet Supplies doesn't sell it anymore either. I think its because Flukers food (if it exists) is cheaper. Rapashy's distributing prices are more expensive, I believe.
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Thanks

I saw the bottle of the crestie pellets today. I believe she bought it this weekend. petsmart had two bottles of it. Looking at the link, they will be selling a bottle of the pellets for 3 bucks. It was so new that I was the first person to review it and they didn't even have a picture of it.
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

$3? ... Wow. Thats super cheap either way. When we get it. I am going to try it (as far as opening and seeing what its like). Since I am sure we will have to most likely start feeding store animals with it. Unless I can convince my manager to shop elsewhere.
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Thanks

No comments really, just posting so I know if this thread is up dated in the future.
    Eric
    1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Thanks

I really REALLY wish corporations and pet stores would realize that cheaper is not necessarily better. In this case, you get what you pay for (cheap crap) and what sucks is, its very likely the animals that are going to suffer long term from all of this.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas