Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna Be Going To Petco Soon :D

Thanks

Default Gonna Be Going To Petco Soon :D

We went to petco last night to see what morphs of cresties they had there. Turns out two cresteds were left and they were both ones Matt and I saw back in July. They're both females too! Full grown adults. One will work perfectly for our male yellow pinner (She's a nice yellow reverse pinner and he's got some reverse pinning too). The other is an olive dalmatian. Matt really likes her (she's a chunky thing too)... I dont know what kind of project we'll work on with her (either put her with our furry male or try going for an olive dalmation project or just put her with a random male to see what we get :o)

The best thing about this though is that we talked to the manager last night (no intentions of buying the girls really even though we really liked them) and he said, the other cresteds they had sold on black friday. He told us that if we really wanted them, he'd hold the offer for today
    Both of them for $40. (Basically selling them to us for $20ea). I'm really excited and getting ready to go down there to pick up our new girls (Just in time too seeing on how we sold some of our babies and have some room for them now )

Thanks

there's the prettiest crestie at a petco by my cousin's house. its a light colored tiger i think. the pic she sent me isn't the best, but man, i wish i could get him.. :/ sometimes petco has awesome cresties. C:

good luck and congrats on your new girls!
    2.2.1 Cresteds | 1.1 Dogs | 0.1 Cat

Thanks

KK,

Ok. You said you were redefining your collection and wanted to produce better geckos. Why don't you work on selling off all of your stock that doesn't fit your plans? And afterwards, go and buy quality stock from a dedicated breeder where you might possibly know the lineage and what it will produce.

You are apparently stuck in a rut. You sell something then immediately go buy a cheap basement bargain crestie. You are going to be back in the same spot over and over again.

Just food for thought. I will not be surprised if in 3 months you were posting the same threads.
    -Will
    My Facebook
    ôResentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die." Carrie Fisher

Thanks

I love tigers :o
    If you can ever get ahold of a pic of it that'd be great. I'd love to see it (Wanting to see different kinds of tigers/brindles to make my choice of what I'm looking for for mine easier when I go to the next expo lol)

Petco does sometimes have some awesome ones. The best I picked up so far were the latest four actually. A nice BRIGHT bright red juvie (female still so far ) and my Tiger boy (Though I'm not keeping him since I need a female more ) and my halloween (JET black with nice vibrant orange dorsal) and red harley (She's this nice pinkish red with black reverse pinning and nice yellow markings). I'd have to say the best male I've picked up would be Zero though too. He was full grown, 55g, nice structure and big crowning along with nice big dal spot blotches. If I can find a female like him... Those would be some nice babies

Thank you!

Thanks

Will,
    You read my mind on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    KK,

Ok. You said you were redefining your collection and wanted to produce better geckos. Why don't you work on selling off all of your stock that doesn't fit your plans? And afterwards, go and buy quality stock from a dedicated breeder where you might possibly know the lineage and what it will produce.

You are apparently stuck in a rut. You sell something then immediately go buy a cheap basement bargain crestie. You are going to be back in the same spot over and over again.

Just food for thought. I will not be surprised if in 3 months you were posting the same threads.
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

My last reply to your threads....

Crap + Crap = More Crap

Keep up your current mindset and you will be knee high in a pile of stinky crap.
    -Will
    My Facebook
    ôResentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die." Carrie Fisher

Thanks

You have a 4 page thread about "redefining your colony" and you're still going to petco for breeding stock???

I do know that some people have found some amazing geckos at Petco but when you're trying to refine your collection, I'd seriously consider the purchase. Structure, color and pattern should take the front seat on this decision. The one thing I noticed that your collection lacks is structure. Now while this can somewhat be improved through longer incubation, a good foundation is key to passing along those traits.

Just my two pennies, take it or leave it.
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Thanks

LOL And apparently everyone else is on the same mental wave length...

Thanks

So no matter what the gecko looks like from Petco it's automatically crap because it's not going for $100+ and from a breeder?
    -Ricky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Egkid View Post
    So no matter what the gecko looks like from Petco it's automatically crap because it's not going for $100+ and from a breeder?
    If you re-read my post, I mention that other people have found some decent geckos at petco before, but far and few between in terms of a higher breeder quality geckos.