Thread: wow did these really help ...

Thanks

Thumbs up wow did these really help ...

so my wife and i went to the Home Depot a while back and saw these http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...43&marketID=34 on sale for 3$ a pack so we stocked up and i've been useing them in the reptile room seeing that i dont really get that much natural sunlite in there and wow, haved i noticed the geckos have been more active during the day and are kind of looking healthier i think ,not to mention they are great for taking pictures ,and our plants in the room are loving them too, i am going to purchase a lightbox soon and i think to start i will try and use those just to see how they work ...interesting and thought we would share...

Thanks

What is the size of your gecko room and how many bulbs do you use?

Thanks

Those are the bulbs I use on all of my tanks. Frogs, geckos, plants, etc. You can get them by the 8 pack at Costco (different brand, same thing).
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

i have 4 in the fan and 3 mobile lamps and the room is a 12x15 feet that is , thanks for the costco tip,but i have noticed sometimes with off brands(no pun intended) they dont seem to last as long when it comes to bulbs in my experience..

Thanks

The Costco brand isn't an off brand, it's just a different brand. I've bought the 6500k daylight bulbs from HD, Lowes, and Costco. All are on the same brand of hoods (15 bulbs used in all) and none burn out faster or last longer than another. All lights are on timers, 12hrs on 12 off, so I know there's consistency with all of them.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts

Both EcoSmart (HomeDepot) and Feit (sold at Costco) are Consumer Reports recommended. EcoSmart did have a slight edge price wise and for brightness and life. The info is subscriber only so linking the article won't help but here it is: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...ings/index.htm
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook