Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken!

Thanks

Unhappy Heartbroken!

Well the other night as I am preparing to start gecko chores I take a look in the bator at my 2 chewie eggs and the yolk is bursting out of the end of one of the eggs. The eggs are stuck together, have been since they were laid. Anyway the baby is not doing well. I know he is slowly dieing, I think it was still developing. While he is perfect on the outside I am wondering if his lungs or internal organs did not have enough time to fully develop. I know that I should cull him but I just can't do it. I really don't think that he will make it. Many times I have thought he was dead only to have him move a little when I pick him up. My heart is breaking for this little one!! I knew that if or when I lost a chewie baby it would be hard but this is way more heart wrenching than I thought it would be!
    I am also in the middle of packing to move and pray that my other egg hatches normally before we leave for IL.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

Oh no Laura! I'm SOOOO sorry!!! For both you and the heartache, and for the little baby! I wouldn't have the heart to cull it either
    I hope that the little one is able to make a recovery and will lead a long healthy life for you! and if not, I can honestly say that i'm glad that he got to spend a very short lived life with someone as caring as you are. Sending TONS of positive vibes your way! Keep us updated on the progress.
    http://thegeckotree.com/ - Health, Colour, Structure Visit us today! (:
    Follow on Facebook facebook.com/TheGeckoTree
    Gargoyle Geckos -Crested Geckos - Leachianus - Chahoua - Tarantulas - Nephrurus - African Fat Tails

Thanks

I'm so sorry that this happened! Sending positive thoughts for the baby and you!
    C. Ciliatus / R. Auriculatus / M. Chahoua / C. Sarasinorum / R. Leachianus / U. Sikorae / E. Vieilardi / E. Guttata / G. Gecko / A. Felinus / C. Elok /
    facebook.com/TreeHuggerGeckos

Thanks

This has got to be rough. Poor gecko, poor you!
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Thanks

Oh no. This is not the news I wanted to hear about those eggs. I'm so so sorry hun
    I'm praying for #2
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

You are under so much stress right now. And this happened. I am sooooo sorry! I am praying he will make it!
    NevaeH Reptiles...A little piece of Heaven in your hands...Mike, Gini and Jacob 13.12.20 corns, 6.3.8 crested geckos, 1.1 gargoyle geckos, 1.0 Beardie, 2 cats, 1.1 dogs, 2 sons and 1 step-daughter
    www.nevaehreptiles.com

Thanks

This sucks....Praying for both you and the little one.

Thanks

Fingers crossed that he pulls through!

Will

Thanks

Yikes, sending all the good energies I can for you and your little guy and egg number 2! I hope he can pull through and get strong. If its not meant to be, then may his passing be an easier transition for all involved.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

o no! good luck to the little guy and especially the other baby that hasnt hatched yet!