Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chewie is being a little brat

Thanks

Default Chewie is being a little brat

I decided to put crickets in bowls from now on in all of my gecko tanks. I find the bowls to be cleaner, provide less of a chance for evasive crickets to play alarm clock all night, and you can keep track of how many the geckos ate more easily.

All of my geckos appreciated their new bowls as they picked those chirping scum-bugs off one by one like fish in a barrel.

All of my geckos except my female chewie of course. She hovered on her bamboo directly over the cricket dish giving me dirty looks. She really did look mad at me for two days refusing to eat.

So I dumped the crickets out and 10 seconds later she went on a cricket rampage like an adorable version of Godzilla.

Women.

Thanks

That's odd, out of all my rhacs, my chahoua have been the easiest to bug-dish condition. Ohne knows right what the cup means, and now so does my male, Appa. With the little one, I use a wider, shallower dish that she can get into, but she too, knows that the bugs only come in that bowl.

I'd try again. I bet you can get her to take them from it. Make sure she can sit ON something and still reach the inside of the bowl. That's the key.
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Interesting what type of bowl did you use and how do you keep them in the bowl?

Thanks

if i feed anything crickets in its enclosure i pull the back legs off so they cant hop all over the place and hide...i actually feed my cresteds in a separate small enclosure so they can still lunge at them but not have to fight to get to them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AboveTheCrest View Post
    if i feed anything crickets in its enclosure i pull the back legs off so they cant hop all over the place and hide...i actually feed my cresteds in a separate small enclosure so they can still lunge at them but not have to fight to get to them
    Yeah feeding in a separate enclosure was awesome until I got up to around 30 geckos!!

Thanks

Is this the bowl you are talking about??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allhallows View Post
    Yeah feeding in a separate enclosure was awesome until I got up to around 30 geckos!!
    lol well then i can see the need to just feed in the enclosure they reside in...but for now mine are young and no need to stress them by making them chase food and bite their fake plants lol

Thanks

My girls love their "cricket buckets"
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

Hmm, dish feeding insects sounds easier and better than putting my geckos in a plastic tub and waiting for them to decide to eat. Just gotta see if I can push myself to rip off those back legs. It's one thing to maul the insect yourself, another to just put it in the same tub as a gecko and let the circle of life do it's thing. XD

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxe View Post
    Hmm, dish feeding insects sounds easier and better than putting my geckos in a plastic tub and waiting for them to decide to eat. Just gotta see if I can push myself to rip off those back legs. It's one thing to maul the insect yourself, another to just put it in the same tub as a gecko and let the circle of life do it's thing. XD
    You don't need to pull the legs off of the crickets. They can't jump out of the bowl..the glass is too slippery..I use a regular cereal bowl.