Thread: Getting new tortoises!

Thanks

Default Getting new tortoises!

I'M STOKED!!!

I bought a second baby Brazilian cherryhead redfoot tortoise, but he apparently wasn't 100% healthy, and took an overnight turn, dying before the vet could see him. I had the appointment and everything. :-(

When he died, I said I was not getting another one until Domino, my 14 month old Cherryhead, was at least 2 or 3 years old... My boyfriend knew I was lying to myself, and deep down, so did I.

I love tortoises. They're probably one of my favorite animals.

Yesterday, I spent too much time on the tortoise forums, fauna, and kingsnake, browsing, posting ads, read, etc.

The next thing I know, I've done bought a Columbian redfoot with split scutes. He was born mid-June, and will be arriving this upcoming Wednesday.

But, in the meantime, I had emailed someone from the tortoise forum, that I saw had available Brazilian cherryheads. She emailed me back last night, and one of her 5 remaining tortoises, struck me. This morning, I paid for two of her tortoises. Eek.. Ha.

She gave me a discount because one of them has a split scute. She also paid for shipping, and threw in a free t-shirt that her brother designed. I am stoked!

All three will be coming in Wednesday!

Here are pictures though.

Scuttle (little dry in this picture, but he wasn't in the others, but this is the best showing the scutes)

Split scute in the back, making a small triangle- no name yet

No name yet, thinking about going with something 'X' themed with the X on his head.

Thanks

They are so adorable! Congrats on your soon to be new pets
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

sorry to hear about yr lil' one. But your new one is sweet! Torts take long to die so I'm thinking your first one was probably already close to death;(
    Abe

Thanks

Yea, they usually show signs at the last minute. The second I saw signs of anything off, i called the vet. They couldn't get me in till the next day, and he died before i got him in. He was being cared for just like domino, but from what I have gathered, he had to have been sick when I got him.

I am nervous about these new ones, as it was hard losing the laat one. I hope all goes well.

Thanks

The second tortoise with the one split scute will be named Uno bc it has one split scute.

My boyfriend seems to have calmed from the shock of 3 new ones. He suggested Yertle for the third tort. Im not thrilled with that but until something better comes about that's his name.