Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 new friend 2 new tanks

Thanks

Default 1 new friend 2 new tanks

I was at the Pet Store on Wednesday buying feeders and I just cashed my paycheck so I was on the prowl. I ended up taking home a young D. azureus that my friend gets from a local breeder, and I'm really psyched about him or her. I've been meaning to get some dart frogs for a while now cause their so fun to watch and their tans can be really intricate with out worrying about stuff getting trampled. The little guy is extremely active and a great eater but bu the time I got around to snapping some photos tonight he must have been all tuckered out cause he was comfortably tucked back behind one of the plants at the top and I didn't want to bother him. But I took the tanks shots so here they are

There's a small water fall in the back that you cant see and the bottom is water which I know isn't ideal but I raised the sand to fill in the gaps between the layered slate and the drift wood ect so the actual exposed poo area only really accounts for like 1/5 of the bottom of the tank. I also realize he will probably out grow this tank but for now I think it will work good for a grow out tank. I'll post photos of him tomorrow if I catch him out and about.

I also switched up my little leachie Meatball's cage. I was tired of his old dule set up and I had a bunch of extra bark, branches and foam so here's what I ended up with.

again this is just a grow out tank I got him as a hatching in December and he seems to fit a 12x12x18 just right at this point, and he loves crickets just as much as CGD so this makes it easier for him to hunt.

I made him wake up so I could get a few shots, he wasn't thrilled but I gave him a big dinner afterwords so I think it was a fair deal.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section I though I should post it here cause of the PDF)

Thanks for looking guys, any suggestions are always appreciated
    -Matt

Uroplatus - 1.0 Fimbriatus / 1.1.3 Henkeli/ 3.3 Phantasticus / 1.1 Ebenaui
    Rhacodactylus - 0.0.1 Leachianus / 1.1 ciliatus/ 0.0.1 auriculatus / 1.0 Eurydactylodes agricolae
    Goniosaurus Hainanensis 1.3 / Hemitheconyx Caudicinctus 9 amel 3 het amel /1.0 Nephrurus wheeleri/ 0.0.2 Teratoscincus Roborowski / Underwoodisaurus milii
    1.0 Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis / 0.1 Aeluroscalabotes felinus / 1.0 Gekko Gecko

Thanks

Hi. I was wondering where do you get all your wood/cork/ etc. for your tank? Those tanks are amazing and I have been looking forever for cork and etc.

Thanks!

Thanks

Jeez those are awesome tanks, I wish I had that mant decoration talents. My dart frogs tank is pretty boring but does what it needs to do I suppose.

Cute little dart for snuggling in his new home.
    Katelyn.
    8.1.1 Cresties | 1.1 Gargs | 1 House Gecko | 0.0.1 Tokay | 0.0.1 Leopard | 0.0.1 Chewie

Thanks

Thanks guys,
    I always used to buy cork and wood and spend a ton on it and then realized that it was just silly when the stuff in the woods is way better looking and not as thick so it takes up less space. I have lots and lots of tanks that are decked out with collected wood and have been up and running for a good while and I've never had a problem. I have however developed a little bit of a bark problem

this is what my truck looks like by Friday every week

thanks again guys, I took some pictures of my little guy, Bel Biv Devoe but I haven't uploaded them yet so I'll post them soon
    -Matt

Rhacodactylus - 0.0.1 Leachianus / 1.1 ciliatus/ 0.0.1 auriculatus / 1.0 Eurydactylodes agricolae
    Goniosaurus Hainanensis 1.3 / Hemitheconyx Caudicinctus 9 amel 3 het amel /1.0 Nephrurus wheeleri/ 0.0.2 Teratoscincus Roborowski / Underwoodisaurus milii
    1.0 Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis / 0.1 Aeluroscalabotes felinus / 1.0 Gekko Gecko

Thanks

here's my little buddy

-Matt

Thanks

Beautiful animals and setups. Especially love the gecko setup. What did you use to hold everything together?

Thanks

Thanks,
    I use expansion foam and push it around with a spoon for a minute or two so it doesn't expand all all over the place and then put the bark on top and weigh it down with a brick or whatever is laying around. I've got the dart frog bug and I see many more in my future

-Matt

Thanks

Aw, there's only one? I've always thought they were kept in groups.

Still, he's an adorable little frog. c: And the leachie's pretty cute, too.

Thanks

I'll probably get more next month, I read some were that females can be very agressive twords each other and I think its way to young to call so I don't know. I really like them though so I think I'll get a few more and seperate them if I see any rough housing or intimidation. I'm gonna need a bigger tank though.

I got these little boogers less then 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure they already laid eggs. I love that the first thing I hear in the morning when I wake up is the male calling, its way better then the traditional bird chirping outside. And this is what I set them up in

Thanks Fossa
    -Matt

Thanks

those lil dart frogs need a cage that big!!! holy crap i had no clue somethin so lil needs such a large area. That is a very pretty setup you got there