Thread: Herpetology courses?

Thanks

Default Herpetology courses?

Hey everyone =)

I'm taking a year off of school this year (just graduated Highschool) But I was thinking and I would like to take an online herpetology course for many reasons. Does anyone know of any good online herpetology courses? I've looked but I just can't find any.

Thank you =)
    2.1.0 Cresties 0.0.1 Gargoyle 1.0.0 Leopard gecko 0.1.0 Cornsnake 0.0.1 Columbian Tegu 1.1.0 Dogs 1.2.0 Cats 1.0.0 Chinchilla 0.1.0 banded king snake 0.1.0 california kingsnake
    R.I.P frogbutt, medusa, horus, and vyktor

Syn is offline LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    Thanks

Thanks

There's one I found thats UK, I think they do international, it's for a degree but idk it's the fact that it's in another country would effect it's reliability HERE?

http://www.compass-education.co.uk/
    2.1.0 Cresties 0.0.1 Gargoyle 1.0.0 Leopard gecko 0.1.0 Cornsnake 0.0.1 Columbian Tegu 1.1.0 Dogs 1.2.0 Cats 1.0.0 Chinchilla 0.1.0 banded king snake 0.1.0 california kingsnake

Thanks

I've never heard of a herpetology course online. I had one in college...possibly one of the best courses I had...and it was very in depth. I doubt you'd learn the same online that you would in a real class, especially dealing with live and preserved specimens.
    Kyle J. Salzmann
    Check out Gekkonidazed Geckos on Facebook!
    www.gekkonidazed.com
    New to shipping reptiles? Use ShipYourReptiles.com and save! Enter code Dazed40 at checkout and get 40% off your 1st shipment!

Thanks

Well I plan on going to college for animal husbandry to be a zoo keeper so I'll have plenty of hands on things then, I'm just taking a year off before I do and figured I'd try to find something beneficial to do during the wait.

Thanks

Well if you go to the right school, they will be able to offer you that class. Here in my area we have alot of colleges, but only 1 that I know of offers a herp class, and they also have a herp lab. Most colleges will have an invert zoology class that will be taken. Anything over in the UK I would be leary of for a few reasons, one the material needed, if in another language you have that barrier to cross. And remember if it is from a college and a college course, you will be required to register with the college, which will probably cost money, and you may not be accepted. So there is always a chance it may not work out for you online. You would be better off trying to find a school in the US who offers it online, but that kind of class would require a lab class also, which would require you to be in class (another hurtle for the UK class). You may be best off in finding the text books needed for the lecture class of those classes and take it upon yourself to self learn some of it until you actually hit college.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

The universities listed below have long-standing reputations as good “herpetology schools.” If you’re thinking of pursuing a degree that will help you obtain a career working with reptiles, you may want to check out their class offerings.

• Cornell University, Ithaca, New York

• University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas

• Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts

• University of California, Berkeley, California

• University of Texas, Arlington, Texas

• University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida

• University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida

• University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma

• University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan

• University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado