Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: not everyone will agree (especially if you own'em).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontown View Post
    OUTSTANDING critter:
    Thanks Mike, poor kid had shed stuck just about everywhere,(incl. eyelashes) so he does not look as nice as he normally does. Hoping one day to show a picture like that of one I produced and did not have to buy!

Thanks

Okay now I am confused. What is the definition of a phantom, reverse, and regular pinstripe? I would have thought the first one pictured was just a pinstripe (although non-harley) based on matt's morph guide.
    1.2.0 Crested Geckos: Julian, Libby, & Zest
    0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Chewy
    1.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Mel and Lanie
    "Google safe search is like a condom for your brain." - Dr. Raymond Clemens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saisaac View Post
    Okay now I am confused. What is the definition of a phantom, reverse, and regular pinstripe? I would have thought the first one pictured was just a pinstripe (although non-harley) based on matt's morph guide.
    RIGHT.. I SEE IT IN THE 2ND ONE DRGNLVR POSTED ,NOT IN THE OTHER TWO HE/SHE POSTED THOUGH...ALTHOUGH ALL THE GECKOS POSTED ARE SWEET,THANKS FOR THE HELP ALL..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Interhactive Gecko View Post
    would love to hear what people have to say.... if you are going to post on this thread ,i ask that you please post if you are an owner of "Phantom Pin Stripe(s)"..
    Quote Originally Posted by Interhactive Gecko View Post
    RIGHT.. I SEE IT IN THE 2ND ONE DRGNLVR POSTED
    First you say you'd love to hear our opinions, then you say only those who have a phantom pinstripe can post.. and then you yourself post. Hmmm...

I did have a reverse pinner at one time, he was a real cutie, but I didn't enjoy the spots as much as a clean morph and he wasn't particularly happy at my house. Ended up giving him back to the person who gave him to me. The morph definitely is not "BS" but like others have said, one of many wonderful traits these geckos can have. Not your cup of tea? Fine, everyone has their own taste. Imaginary, or a gimmick to get more money? Hardly.
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ihkura View Post
    First you say you'd love to hear our opinions, then you say only those who have a phantom pinstripe can post.. and then you yourself post. Hmmm...
    I think he just meant please let us know if you do own one. Not that only those who own one should post.
    1.2.0 Crested Geckos: Julian, Libby, & Zest
    0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Chewy
    1.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Mel and Lanie
    "Google safe search is like a condom for your brain." - Dr. Raymond Clemens

Thanks

(mod edit: removing the response provoked by DreadyA) with the great help of the board I'm starting to see what phantoms are. thanks everyone!!!!.I don't know how long you've been breeding anything but I'm sure some of the people who have been in reptile breeding for more than ten years has come across many people who do such this,and call certain animals certain morphs or colors to get more money for them, e.g, the MOONGLOW , and I'm sure anyone who has been in the reptile world for a while has come across this at least once.. oh and on another note, just because i don't speak or converse the way someone wants me to,doesn't mean I'm wrong,it means we probably don't think alike,that's it.. (i recognize this as well) oh and Rami i don't understand why the second part was highlighted the line read "i see it (the phantom trait)in the second one drgnlover posted ,but not in the first or third ones he/she posted".... ?i cant tell if there's something wrong with that sentence or what exactly you were asking?
    Last edited by crestedkeeper; 07-25-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: im foreign!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

this thread has been pretty helpful. i keep getting confused about this particular morph, but i think i've got it now. i don't think legitimate, well-respected breeders would try to sell these geckos for more than they're worth, but i could definitely see how someone could try to sell an otherwise plain gecko for more money to someone who doesn't know any better. but hey, if you really like the way the gecko looks and you're willing to spend the money, why not?

while its not a morph i'd go out of my way to find and purchase, i would definitely make note of it in any geckos that i own because its obvious to me that there is a true morph here. i would however, love to get my hands on a gecko like the first picture posted by Misskiwi67 =)
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.