Thread: apartment application help?

Thanks

Default apartment application help?

okay, im hoping someone here can help me out. i've already tried googling it and failed.

i'm filling out my first apartment application and i have a few questions...

i live in my parents house...and the app asks for stuff like if i rent or own the property, what utilities i pay. um, none of the above, do i just put n/a? i mean, i do help pay some bills at the house, but its kinda, i pay for my phone and all the internet.

how do i fill that part out?

and do alot of places turn down first time renters?

gah! thanks for any help!
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko-Zuko, Spaz, and Wretch
    1.1.0Crested Gecko - Sokka and Suki
    0.1.0 African Fat Tail Gecko- Appa
    1.0.0 Tokay Gecko - "Kamikazi"

Thanks

I take cosigners for people who don't have much credit history, but whoever is cosigning should have good credit history. My applications (which are generic and widely used) don't ask what utilities you have payed at the previous residence, i am not sure why your app asks this. Mine just asks your living history,past and current jobs, personal references, and Social Security number for credit check. I don't think it is particularly hard for a new renter to find a place. The price for renting in my area has actually come down a little during the recession. It is favoring renters over landlords a bit more than a few years ago.

Goodluck!

Thanks

As long as you show that you are employed and can pay rent then you should be fine, you may want someone like one of your parents to co-sign for you though.
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

its a very in depth app...they ask all these questions, i think its something to do with that its a low income appartment complex, and to see if you are eligible for discounts or tax deductions for them for having elderly living with you, a handicapped person, etc.

gah!
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko-Zuko, Spaz, and Wretch
    1.1.0Crested Gecko - Sokka and Suki
    0.1.0 African Fat Tail Gecko- Appa
    1.0.0 Tokay Gecko - "Kamikazi"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdragon619 View Post
    its a very in depth app...they ask all these questions, i think its something to do with that its a low income appartment complex, and to see if you are eligible for discounts or tax deductions for them for having elderly living with you, a handicapped person, etc.

gah!
    The app is like that because it is state subsidized housing. If you qualify take advantage of it. I have some friends that make nothing because they have a zillion kids already and they have nicer apartments than I do!