Thread: set up another aquarium

Thanks

Default set up another aquarium

i just got another aquarium up and running
    Attachment 6049
    Attachment 6050
    Attachment 6051
    Attachment 6052
    Last edited by xxrlo19xx; 07-24-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks

Great tank! Nice choice of fish as well. Iv'e always wanted to setup a saltwater tank but Iv'e heard they are harder to manage then freshwater and all I know is freshwater when it comes to aquariums. Lol
    Three bearded dragons, Pancake, Stewie and Nacho. two Leopard geckos, Milkshake and Slushie. Leopard gecko article http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-...-Leopard-Gecko

Thanks

Interesting way to set it up...not much live rock there...do you plan to add more? Would have to be fully cured rock in order to add it in there with fish already. Seems a lot more complicated route to go than fishless, dead rock cure cycle, especially for that size tank.

What do you plan to stock it with when cycled? I'm tempted to set up a larger saltwater tank but I'm busy enough with my other 8 tanks, don't think I could handle another, especially a salt.

www.thatdarncrab.com
    my fishy/crabby/scaly/furry blog that I don't update enough

Um I ran out of room to list everything...just go here..http://www.iherp.com/sericinda

Thanks

i will put more live rock in it in a couple weeks. that is almost 10lbs of rock in the tank. i know it dont look like it but it is i weighed it myself at the store i buy my stuff from. they are only damsels in there and being used to cycle the tank. not really sure what im gonna put in it yet. I have a 120 gallon drilled tank i will be setting up as soon as i move in about 6 months. its not much maitenance if you do things correctly. all i have to usually do to my 37 gallon is clean algae off the glass the snails dont get. i also have another tank that dont have fish in it if i wanted to get uncured rock. i always buy cured rock though.

Thanks

How big is the tank? 10 lbs rock is barely enough for a 5 gallon tank. My 29 gallon has over 40 lbs of liverock. Anything less than a pound per gallon isn't beneficial for much other than seeding the tank, although if you have an external filter on it I guess it doesn't matter as much as when you use liverock as your filtration source like most do. If you seeded it with cured rock, no need to put the fish through the suffering of cycling. I'm not a fan of using fish to cycle tho is hard on the fish and then you have to deal with rehoming the fish when they become too aggressive for other tankmates like damsels are known to do. Damsel-only species tanks are nice.

www.thatdarncrab.com
    my fishy/crabby/scaly/furry blog that I don't update enough

Um I ran out of room to list everything...just go here..http://www.iherp.com/sericinda

Thanks

thats y there isnt much rock in the tank makes it easy to remove unwanted fish. i have about 80lbs of rock in my 37 its not my first or only tank. its a 20 gallon. Its only damsels in the tank so i dont care much about the fish in the tank. even with rock in my tank i use an external filter on all my tanks.