Thread: Crested Geckos and Noise?

Thanks

Question Crested Geckos and Noise?

So my room stays at 77-79* mostly 79.6* and up haven't seen it past 80* or at 80*during the hot part of the day so its almost reach's 80*.I'm sure it will reach 80*soon enough.So I want to move him to my living room on top of the entertainment center.would their be any problem with noise i don't blast the T.V. so it wont be very loud.
    I have him up their now and he doesn't seem frightened or stressed but time will tell and the temp is between 75.6*to76.8*.
    I'm just asking if anyone has had a Crested Gecko near a T.V. or on top of one and if theirs been any long term problem?
    Well he seems to like staring at me or maybe hes just trying to listen in on Harry Potter/Half-Blood Prince lol
    Any advice would be very helpful.=)
    Ahhh i Love Reptiles ♥ ^__^

Seriously how can you hate reptiles!!

Thanks

Mine are right out in the living room beside the computer area where we spent a lot of time listening to music, playing videogames, etc. They seem to enjoy watching what we're doing and the sound doesn't seem to bother them. During the day if I check on them they are sound asleep.
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

Yep all 4 of our tanks are in the living room pretty much right beside a speaker...The tv is usually on all day & their snoozin away..
    3.1.0 Cresties 1.1.1 Cats 1.1.0 Kids

Peace
    Jay

Thanks

All mine are in our room where we listen to music, play guitar, watch TV, etc. They don't seem to mind it one bit.
    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Thanks

my crestie and garg are right next to my tv....they dont really care about the noise. they just sleep away....the leos on the other hand...stare at me and wonder what the noise is all about.
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko-Zuko, Spaz, and Wretch
    1.1.0Crested Gecko - Sokka and Suki
    0.1.0 African Fat Tail Gecko- Appa
    1.0.0 Tokay Gecko - "Kamikazi"

Thanks

77-80 is a little warm.. you can put ice cubes in a sandwich bag on top of his tank to help cool it down a little, and refreeze the bag when it's melted.

I play music all the time around my geckos, and I vaccuum around them too. Doesn't seem to bother them a bit, although I'm always nervous someone's going to be startled and drop a tail on vaccuuming days. x_x;;
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    5.15.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.0 PI leachie, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 0.1 Tokay, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 1.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Thanks

Smile

Thanks.For the advice guys i figured out that in the morning i can move him to the living room were the temp only peeks at 77* and at night put him in my room so the lights don't bother him will he does his thing.He doesn't seem to mind he just stares and then sleeps and repeat.LoL
    I really hope he turns out to be a she but ever time i get a new species of lizards they turn out as male 3x so far can i break the streak.LoL
    Ahhh i Love Reptiles ♥ ^__^

Seriously how can you hate reptiles!!

Thanks

Default crested geckos

all 5 of mine are in my bedroom and close to my tv and it dosent seem to bother them at all i think my males like to watch occ orange county choper