Thread: New puppy!!

Thanks

Default New puppy!!

So after about a year and a half of thinking, me and my boyfriend decided to venture out to look for a dog. So we went to the animal pound here in our town to see what they had available. we went into the room and my boyfriend set eyes on one in the corner, it happened to be a pit bull. we asked the lady about him and she said that they werent allowed to sell him, because of his breed, instead he would be put into a shelter to be adopted at a later time. we asked her if there were any other shelters around town that were allowed to sell the pit bull breed and she said that the Humane Society across town could.

Long story short, we went there and fell in LOVE with this beautiful dog. He is a pit bull mixed with american staffordshire terrier. they named him Petey, after the little rascal's dog, and has only had this name for about a week or 2, so we were thinking about renaming him Tank because he is soooo big.

we had to do a meet and greet with our current dog kasper, who is a pit bull/ black lab mix. at first Tank growled at kasper, but then they played for quite a while. so we are going to pick him up tomorrow as soon as they open. here are a few pictures of him, although they dont really show off his structure. we will get more tomorrow after he settles in.

Thanks for looking!!
    Erika and Rian

Thanks

OH MY GOD PITTY. -squeals-

He's adoooorable. <3

Thanks

Looks delicious!

Ahaha, joking, but he actually does look like a sweet boy. I like the patch of black over his eye. Hope everything works out well with him, he was likely scared of your other dog at first. Be sure to post more pics!

Thanks

Totally in love here! Congrats!!!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

OMG look at that goofy face, I just wanna hug him!! I love pitbulls.
    ~History teaches us that virgins are valuable, if for no other reason than angry volcano gods all seem to find them delicious~
    I've got lots of critters including Cresteds Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Ball Pythons, Rosy Boas Russian Tortoises, and more!

Geektastic Reptiles' Facebook page

Thanks

CUTE! Congrats on your new doggie!! That's awesome!
    Megan
    My iherp
    Facebook
    Many crested geckos, 0.1 leachie, 1.1 boas, 2.1 cats, and 0.1 dog. Oh and one amazing husband and one precious little boy!

Thanks

What a cutie patootie. If this is your first pit bull, I strongly recommend you join www.pitbullforum.com

There are a ton of wonderful people there, and the group is very pet and rescue focused... you'll be welcomed with open arms! Its also a great place to learn about the wonderful history and temperament of this breed. There's a lot of mis-information out there, and pitbullforum will have all the answers!
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

thanks everyone for your replies!

Tank is doing great! as soon as we got him home, him and kasper got along well. we still havent introduced him to the cat yet, probably going to in a few days. we want to make sure he has some time to cope with the new move and Kasper.

He did amazing last night sleeping, and slept amlost the whole night. but something wierd happened at about 4am, we think kasper is trying to teach him how to protect the house. we heard Kasper bark, and it woke us up, and before we lifted our heads, Tank growled and barked once. we think that maybe kasper was telling him "hey, if something was to ever happen while they are sleeping, this will wake them up." and it did. Tank spent the day today learning kaspers daily routine, following his every move, right behind him. we took a video yesterday when we got him home..quality kinda sucks cause i took it on my phone...

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/a...ankplaying.mp4

and a few pictures of the new cow..

the old moose, Kasper...

Kasper, my boyfriend rian, and Tank

Thanks again guys!!

Erika and Rian

Thanks

Awwwe!! What a big handsome goober! I love me some pitts!

3.0 Crested Geckos *Moe*Kami*Piper*
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]0.1 Gargoyle Gecko *Nexus*[/COLOR
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa *Incus*
    0.1 Sphynx Outcross x American Curl Cat *Kura*
    1.0 Tabby Cat *Shorty*