Thread: good Rhac vet in NYC?

Thanks

Default good Rhac vet in NYC?

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum but have been lurking around for a while... Anyway i'm planning on getting a crested gecko (why i've been lurking lol) and i was wondering if any of you live in New York City and can recommend a good vet.

I know of the Animal Medical Center and the Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine- has anyone been to either one? Or if you have a vet you use in NYC that you can recommend it would be really helpful. I like the "tried and true" approach when it comes to vets and doctors
    Last edited by sammich; 07-02-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: what i thought was the smiley face was actually the "angelic" face, oops LOL

Thanks

I would suggest looking at www.herpvetconnection.com for a reptile vet in that area. Or you can try asking the local herp society for who they suggest.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I already have, and they only list the Animal Medical Center and Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine. The comments left for both were useful but also not entirely helpful.

Are rhacs so hardy that they never have to be vetted?

Thanks

I've only brought one of my 30+ rhacs to the vet... ever. Most ailments are caused by poor husbandry issues or just fluke things. Reptiles, when cared for properly, shouldn't have to go to the vet except on rare occasions. Mine was because there was such a mold problem in my AC unit in the apartment as well as all the allergens here that my gecko was wheezing. Turns out she didn't need any treatment and it went away.

They really are very hardy.
    12.15.4.5 Crested geckos; 1.1 Gargoyle geckos; 1.1 Leopard geckos; 1.1 Fat-tailed geckos; 2.0 Viper geckos; 1.0 male dwarf rabbit; lots of fish

Thanks

OK, thanks!