Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: homemade roach food?

Thanks

Default homemade roach food?

I know there has to be a few people here who make their own. I usually buy mine through Josh's Frogs but I was thinking of trying to make my own and see how they like it since I am running low since these guys are eating machines! But if you use dog food at all in yours...ehh no thanks trying to find healthier diets! Sarah you make your own yes?
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I feed mine a mix of old CGD (after the geckos don't eat it for a night or two), Clarke's diet, Leachianus diet, and organic vegetables.

IDK if that helps
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Non medicated chicken feed is what myself and many others I know use exclusively. They LOVE that stuff. Nutritionally it is pretty darn good and pretty darn cheap. I can get a 50lb bag for around $12-15 bucks. My colony ate nothing but chicken feed for years and thrived.

Thanks

Sometimes if we have potato peels or leftover carrots, Kyle will put them in a blender with some CGD and make roach food. Yum!

Thanks

I too use chicken feed but i also use monkey chow. For how good it is and the price you cant beat it.

Thanks

Im a chicken feed fan also. I made another mix with dry baby cereal, oatmeal, and catfood that the roaches really liked but like mentioned you cant beat the price and quality of the chicken feed.
    STEVEN

Thanks

Oh and I forgot to mention it was the crumble that I used. There are several forms of chicken feed out there but the crumble seemed to appeal to the roaches the most.

Thanks

well I already do add fruits and veggies along with CGD to their diet weekly, I was looking to replace their every day dry food.

Is chicken feed something I would find at a place like Tractor Supply Co? Or where would I find something like that?
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I use a coffee grinder (not for anything else) to grind up a cat food called "Wilderness" by Blue it is duck meat , sweet potatoes, carrots and cranberries it is 40% protein. It wasn't cheap but I also feed cgd and fruits and veggies so it lasts a long time.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

i really want to avoid the dog/cat food route as there are alot of other options out there for them as most everything you read really suggests to avoid these foods, even if it is a premium brand. I think I will try the chicken feed here once I am out of the roach food I have now and see how they like it.
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI