Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dented Egg

Thanks

Default Dented Egg

So I was starting to get suspicious about Sterling because it was getting pretty close to being rather far off from when I expected her to lay eggs. Despite checking the entire enclosure every day, she managed to find a spot to lay eggs (no, NOT in one of the two fantastic lay boxes I have in there lol) where they were completely out of my site. I've since removed the ledge they were hidden under, but what's done is done.

One looks fantastic, very white and perfect. I candled it and see veins along the top, but I'm not sure when it was layed.

The second is very hard, very white...but has a HUGE dent on the bottom. I misted the peralite good before putting the egg down in hopes the moisture will draw out the dent, but the egg is very hard already. I also see veins when I candle it.

Any advice?

www.thatdarncrab.com
    my fishy/crabby/scaly/furry blog that I don't update enough

Um I ran out of room to list everything...just go here..http://www.iherp.com/sericinda

Thanks

It will hatch so long as it is not allowed to continue to dry out. I've found eggs that were almost folded in half... spray them directly and but in the incubation medium. So long as you found it quickly (the other egg is fine so you did), all should be well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontown View Post
    It will hatch so long as it is not allowed to continue to dry out. I've found eggs that were almost folded in half... spray them directly and but in the incubation medium. So long as you found it quickly (the other egg is fine so you did), all should be well.
    I'm pretty sure she laid them very recently because I have been checking pretty good, I'm just not sure exactly what day as I could easily have missed them where they were. They are both safely in the incubator now, which I monitor pretty closely, so hopefully all will be well. Thank you for the reassurance!

Now just need to convince miss troublemaker that both of the lovely lay boxes in there ARE quite useful....

www.thatdarncrab.com

Um I ran out of room to list everything...just go here..http://www.iherp.com/sericinda

Thanks

Gently take the egg out in a week and don't be surprised if the dent is gone!

Thanks

Yay Skyy laid for you! I was looking on the calendar and knew it was coming up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PandaParade View Post
    Yay Skyy laid for you! I was looking on the calendar and knew it was coming up!
    Me too! I had gotten her previous lay dates off your website and marked them, so I was counting and thinking "ok missy I KNOW you laid those eggs somewhere in there without telling me" so I took everything out and lo and behold, there the suckers were. Needless to say I did NOT put everything back in there, lol. I had this nice ledge thing they love to hang on, but apparently they also love to wedge themselves under it and lay eggs.

Such nice eggs though, regardless of the dent...perfect and white and hard and purdyyy

www.thatdarncrab.com

Thanks

Yep! She has always laid me perfect white eggies She was given two years before she started to lay which I think helped!

Thanks

Congrats on the eggs!! Gotta love it when they decide to be brats like that eh?

I had a girl to decided to lay them and mush them into the exo-terra background

I found them right away and they were both dented, but like Dragontown said within a few days the dents were no where to be seen and the eggs have be growing perfectly.

Goodluck!!
    http://thegeckotree.com/ - Health, Colour, Structure Visit us today! (:
    Follow on Facebook facebook.com/TheGeckoTree
    Gargoyle Geckos -Crested Geckos - Leachianus - Chahoua - Tarantulas - Nephrurus - African Fat Tails

Thanks

I also had a dented egg that lost the dent after a week or so. It has not hatched yet but should in a month or so. Best of luck with the eggs.
    Eric
    1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Thanks

So I checked on the egg today, wanted to candle them both and make sure they were progressing. Both have perfect cheerios annndd....the dent is GONE! It was a pretty serious fender bender dent so I'm amazed, it looks great now.

Thanks for the input!

www.thatdarncrab.com