Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different eyes

Thanks

she will continue to hold sperm even if temperatures decrease and she stops laying eggs. So, there is really no way to prevent her from using his sperm unfortunately.

Thanks

Thanks for the help,
    I had a check up today, the vet seems to think it is due to UVB exposure and talked about a series of tests, that show that some uvb lights arent particularly good for some species of geckos, which would explain alot as he stays sleeping with one eye facing towards the light, which happens to be the dark one.
    But I will keep observing and take out the UVB bulb soon and keep observing.
    Thanks
    Crestie's:1.1.8.2
    Fish: 2 Angelfish, 2 Platinum Angelfish

Thanks

Many people including myself have raised these guys under UVB, and remember they do get it naturally in the wild. And was the female raised under the UV light also? Honestly I dont think that is the issue, I would lean more towards inproper incubation or simply an injury to the eye. The reason he may sleep with that eye facing that way simply could be because he can not see in it therefore the light does not bother him there.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I very well could get jumped on for this but my .02 is ... I would suggest not even bothering to cool the female its not going to happen. Best bet is to destroy the eggs by freezing them the min you find them and allow her to cool all winter before breeding her to a different male. At least until you know what the problem is 100%
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

How would i find out whether it is genetic or an accident or incubation problems?

Thanks

Most like you will never know 100% and just taking a "i think" from the vet wont cut it. Unless you get a medicine and it clears up you wont know. All his babies could be fine but that does not mean that a generation or two down the road it wont happen. My point is that unless you find out with 100% certainty he should be delegated to pet quality only and not breed.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

I have found a clearer picture of him aswell if it helps

Thanks

Sarah honestly that is common pratice in other species, I have done it a few times with bearded dragons when I was not ready or wanted eggs. Although it seems cruel it is the responcible thing to do rather then bring into the world possibly unhealthy babies, or if you have mor then you can deal with. And it was something I considered suggesting, not sure how it would have been taken though so I am glad I wasnt the only one thinking it!

Like I said I dont think it is UV releated, UVB light I seriously doubt would cause the eye to disform and dilate, and he is more then likely blinde in it because it is so dilates even durring the day cycle.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI