Thread: egg #2- graphic

Thanks

Default egg #2- graphic

warning- dead baby gecko images within- i dont wanna offend anyone.

in relation to my previous post .. http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=38472

well after a few hours of reading other posts on the issue of opening eggs i decided to open egg #2 the one that looked like it had the "strech marks". since i noticed the small little pip hole i was afraid he was getting oxygen- i swore i saw the egg moving, i tried to candle and didnt see any movement.
    after i got him out he was definitely gone. his head was not near the hole. but here are some images, let me know what you think.

are they suppose to of already absorbed all of the yolk by the time they hatch? looks like he did not- you can still see the small red imbilical cord, if you will..

what would make him die so late in incubation? or what would make a hole in the egg? i just hope it wasent something i did.
    Stacy
    Gucci the Hairless Chinese Crested & Baldwin the Sphynx Cat

Thanks

did the other egg hatch already? I've had this happen a few times. I think the egg might be to thick for some geckos to get out of, and the little guy tries moving around but by the time you notice its been to long and it suffocates.

-Sunne-
    Life is like a lump of clay, you can mold it into any shape you want.

15.16.1,000,000 crested geckos. 2.7.2 gargoyle geckos. 1.0.0 leachie. 2 tiger salamanders. 1 spotted salamander. 2 marbled salamanders. 1 paddle-tailed newt. 2 mandarin newts. 1 Hermann's tortoise. 1 box turtle. 5 rats. 5 hedgehogs!

DFTBA!

Check out my rhacs on My iherp

Thanks

the other egg has not hatched yet. it looks like it did before, no more ooze though. i hope this one hatches
    Stacy
    Gucci the Hairless Chinese Crested & Baldwin the Sphynx Cat

Thanks

Aww I'm sorry : (
    Megan
    My iherp
    Facebook
    Many crested geckos, 0.1 leachie, 1.1 boas, 2.1 cats, and 0.1 dog. Oh and one amazing husband and one precious little boy!

Thanks

Poor little baby....it is so hard to cut open and egg and find that. I hope the next one hatches for you and you can have little babies jumping around from now on.

Thanks

Sorry it didn't make it I hope the other one hatches for you.

Looked like a pretty baby as well. Keep us posted please!
    Brandie

www.cbballpythons.com
    5.5.7.3 Cresties - 1.2.1 Gargoyle - 1.1 M.I. Chahoua - 1.1.0.4 P.I. Chahoua - 0.0.1 Leachie

"I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set.......I think I need a Lear jet"

Thanks

The other one will probably hatch. In my experience about one out of every ten geckos has trobble getting out.
    Good luck with the next one!

-Sunne-
    Life is like a lump of clay, you can mold it into any shape you want.

15.16.1,000,000 crested geckos. 2.7.2 gargoyle geckos. 1.0.0 leachie. 2 tiger salamanders. 1 spotted salamander. 2 marbled salamanders. 1 paddle-tailed newt. 2 mandarin newts. 1 Hermann's tortoise. 1 box turtle. 5 rats. 5 hedgehogs!

DFTBA!

Check out my rhacs on My iherp