Thread: FLAME/FIRE!

Thanks

Arrow FLAME/FIRE!

This is one of the first morphs to be developed through captive breeding and at one point was one of the most popular morphs desired by many. The rhac book describes this morph as "having two distinct, segregated areas of pattern and color distribution, defined by the lateral crests. On the head and along the middle of the back, between the lateral crests, fire crested geckos have a light ground coloration that can range from rich cream, to yellow-white, to bright yellows and oranges, streaked with a darker pattern." This light colored patterning in the dorsal area is what is actually referred to as flame markings and gives this morph its name.
    It then goes on to say "along the sides, just outside the mid-dorsal area confined by the lateral crests, is usually a strip of solid dark color of the same shade as the dark pattern in the mid-dorsal area.” This is the description of a "classic" flame. In today's world we see a wide variation of this morph's dorsal pattern, but it's important to realize that the segregation of the dorsal and body has come into play and is an easy indicator of the morph.

Color:

Remember the order of description...
    Zones A and B are typically light colored with dark streaking; C, D, and E are all typically one darker color. Since pattern in zones C, D,and E are preferably non-existant, flames are described by their base color and the pattern color variable in the order of description is left out. For example, an orange gecko with flame markings and dalmatian spots would be called an Orange Flame Dalmatian. One exception to this process is when the dorsal becomes unique. If the cream takes over a majority of the dorsal it will play a roll in its description. For example, if a dark brown (almost black looking) gecko has a very creamy back, it would be called a "Blonde Flame". When this happens its whats called a "Popularity exception". You can view a list of these exceptions in the forum.

Pattern Zones:

Zones A and B contain a light colored base pattern and streaked with darker patterning. Zones C, D, and E are preferably patternless. Very little amounts of pattern in zones D and E are sometimes acceptable.

BY G's GECKOS AND KATIEAM

BY PANDAPARADE AND DRAGONLVR

BY THONGWEDGIE AND TSUNAMEE

Chevron
    Chevron geckos are just like the Flame morph except for 2 things.

-Zone A matches the base color.

-The lighter colored markings in the dorsal are in the shape of a chevron which may or may not be upside down. If fact the chevron is hard to even make out most of the time with the slightest v-shape making its way through.

BY G"S GECKOS AND INTERHACTIVE GECKO

BY KESTRELSHATTERWIND AND EMILYLOVESHERPS
    Last edited by crestedkeeper; 08-01-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    STEVEN

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crestedkeeper For This Useful Post:

Anya (07-23-2013),Dino_swag (03-24-2014),TAD (11-07-2016),Tyler Wolf (04-01-2013)

Thanks

Ohh! I think my Vlad is a firey one! Pangea did refer to him as a "red" when I bought him

Name:  232323232-fp93232-uqcshlukaxroqdfv4-34=ot-232-=4;-=-94=XROQDF-2767;69-;6244ot1lsi.jpg
Views: 1744
Size:  88.7 KB
    Frank & Nicole

Thanks

Do you think Merlin a chevron flame?

Thanks

Would my girl be considered a flame?Name:  100_1807.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  90.0 KBName:  100_1807.jpg
Size:  90.0 KB
    ~small breeeder based out of the Bay Area in Northern California, contact me for hatchling pics/possible sales~
    Cresties 1.2.2
    Beardies 0.1.0
    Argentine B/W Tegu 0.0.1

Thanks

is mine a chocolate flame??Name:  DIDDLES - WIN_20160216_093400 (2).JPG
Views: 291
Size:  58.9 KB

Thanks

Name:  IMG_7492[1].JPG
Views: 247
Size:  93.7 KB
    I was wondering what morph he is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what morph is my guy.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  19.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  16.6 KB

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what morph is my guy.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  19.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  16.6 KB