Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIGER!

Thanks

Arrow TIGER!

Tigers were also among the first specimens collected, and are among the favorites still today.

Color:

Tigers are said to have a uniform color in all the pattern zones which is lighter than the pattern color. They come in many colors, and since now there is pattern involved, it's important to know how to properly describe your gecko when discussing morphs. Base color x pattern color x morph x Traits is the order of description, for example: a yellow gecko with orange stripes and dalmatian spots would be called a Yellow and Orange Tiger with Dal Spots.

Pattern:

The pattern consists of a vertically streaked bold pattern that reaches from one lower lateral area, across the dorsal and down to the opposite lower lateral area. Streak-like patterns are usually accepted and there also tends to be loose blotches of pattern in all zones with this morph. Tigers are also said to have patterned bellies.

BY KATIEAM AND KESTRALSHATTERWIND

BY THONGWEDGIE AND AGUIDINGER

BY LUNAR GECKO AND THONGWEDGIE
    Last edited by crestedkeeper; 08-01-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    STEVEN

Thanks

my new crestie has a base of tiger pattern... then his back & sides are harley. I wish there were pictures of those here bc I'm so confused lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeslyErin86 View Post
    my new crestie has a base of tiger pattern... then his back & sides are harley. I wish there were pictures of those here bc I'm so confused lol
    Same here! I came here hoping to compare pictures, but she seems to fit both tiger and harley too lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeloGecko View Post
    Same here! I came here hoping to compare pictures, but she seems to fit both tiger and harley too lol
    For mine, his sides & head are tiger, then his dorsal & the lower part of his sides fits a harley... he also has a decent amount of damnations spots & I would say about 70% pinstripes... is that about hownyours is? Minus the dal spots?

Thanks

damnations spots
    I think this one tops Tragic Spots.... no love for the spotted ones!
    -Will
    My Facebook
    ôResentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die." Carrie Fisher

Thanks

For mine, his sides & head are tiger, then his dorsal & the lower part of his sides fits a harley... he also has a decent amount of damnations spots & I would say about 70% pinstripes... is that about hownyours is? Minus the dal spots?
    My lovely doesn't have any pinstripes as far as I've seen, but she does have a number of dalmation spots too (she keeps getting more... I think they add character ) Her head fits tiger, her dorsal and lower side look harley too, and her upper sides and I think belly look tiger-striped.
    Last edited by MeloGecko; 02-21-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added details

Thanks

Could I see a pic?

Morphs are various combinations of traits. It is entirely possible to own a gecko that doesnt fit completely or even at all into the named morphs we have today. Its also possible to have named morph mixes, like Tiger-Flame. In time popularity, and proven numbers, will compell us to add to the morph list and with so many independent traits the morph possibilities are seemingly endless.
    STEVEN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crestedkeeper For This Useful Post:

MeloGecko (12-01-2012)

Thanks

Here's one of her after jumping at a picture of a gecko on my screen. I wasn't too happy with her being so close to the screen, but it didn't seem to bother her and the lighting actually let the camera pick up her darker patterns.
    Thanks for the info about morphs and for having this guide here, It's very helpful
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MeloGecko; 02-22-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: apology for giant attached images" box

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeloGecko View Post
    My lovely doesn't have any pinstripes as far as I've seen, but she does have a number of dalmation spots too (she keeps getting more... I think they add character ) Her head fits tiger, her dorsal and lower side look harley too, and her upper sides and I think belly look tiger-striped.
    Awwe yup that's sounds just like mine... what color is yours? Mine is orange, yellow & almost like an olive with black dal spots. What color is yours? We should mate ours & make babies! Lok

Thanks

I am not sure if I've seen mine all thebway fired up yet though as I just got her/him today