Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paper towels...

Thanks

Default Paper towels...

This is random I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who does not use/ would not enjoy using paper towels as substrate?
    2.1.0 Cresties 0.0.1 Gargoyle 1.0.0 Leopard gecko 0.1.0 Cornsnake 0.0.1 Columbian Tegu 1.1.0 Dogs 1.2.0 Cats 1.0.0 Chinchilla 0.1.0 banded king snake 0.1.0 california kingsnake
    R.I.P frogbutt, medusa, horus, and vyktor

Thanks

I dont think anyone really goes hurray for paper towels! But the fact is that they are safer to use and easier to clean which is why so many of us use them.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thongwedgie View Post
    I dont think anyone really goes hurray for paper towels! But the fact is that they are safer to use and easier to clean which is why so many of us use them.
    I second that they are cheap (I get rolls free from wrk so) and it's easy if you breed and have a laybox instead of searching the whole setup IMO

Thanks

I dont use paper towels anymore I hated them. I found awesome shelf liners that are washable and just work far better than paper towels. Now that all my tanks have them I am not wasting anything anymore and my cleaning time has been cut in 1/2 easily. The added bonus is poo sits neatly on top of the liner and dries out quickly for easy removal.

Thanks

I prefer eco-earth to paper towels. I use paper towels for QT periods and for my smaller setups. All my larger tanks have ecoearth/sphagnum moss.
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Thanks

I use both natual substrate & paper towels the look is much nicer in the natural looking ones tho..you can go to a second hand store & buy some of those rubber foam place mats paint'em up as you wish & use non toxic Polyurethane to seal them..
    3.1.0 Cresties 1.1.1 Cats 1.1.0 Kids

Peace
    Jay

Thanks

We use eco-earth for everyone except those in KKs or quarantine, they get the paper towels only.

Thanks

I only used them when my girls were little and still in KKs. When I moved them into their big houses they got cocofibre.
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

i use shelf liner for one cage and will switch to the liner stuff for my other one soon. much easier as talkenlate said. whatever your preference is i suppose. i use shelf liner for my beardie so i always have some spare leftover.
    Crested Geckos-somewhere around 50
    Leachies (GT and Nuu Ana mixes) 1.1.1
    http://www.facebook.com/ntfall.arboreals
    http://www.iherp.com/nightfallarboreals

Thanks

I found that smaller geckos are easier to house on paper towels because you can monitor their droppings and it makes clean up easier but I love the natural tanks so I go with the eco earth and moss mixture. Its also easier to use paper towels if you feed live prey because there isnt really any risk of impaction, but then again I dont feed my live prey in the natural tank, I put them in a separate bin with misted paper towels.
    2.5.4 Crested Geckos
    Studmuffin, Quasimodo, Esmerelda, Fia, Lil Nugget, HoneyDew, Charlene, Artemis (baby#1), Zero, Hades, unnamed
    0.2.0 Kitties
    Stella & Celeste
    1.1.0 Dogs Lotus & MaryJane