Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few spider gecko pics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spidergecko
    Thanks all.

Depending on who you ask, there is only one species in the Agamura genus. Other species classified in the genus have been moved to Cyrtopodion and back to Rhinogecko. Again, depending on who you ask, there is no subspecies of Agamura persica, just different locale morphologies.
    yah.I have a pair of Cyrtopodion scabrumThey are very fun and remind me of AgamerasThey really arnt that hard to find or aquire.Just got to know which people to go to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGVreptiles
    They really arnt that hard to find or aquire.Just got to know which people to go to.
    Which can make them hard to find

Pristurus is another one of the sought-after genus and is hard to find but if you know the "right" people, the supply can be endless. I think that's true for most uncommon species and morphs tbh. I had a heck of a time finding C. scabrum. (P. carteri was pretty easy, oddly enough.)

It isn't necessarily that Agamura is hard to find. It is just that people tend to keep them for a very short time then sell them off which makes it hard to track them down. Maybe it's because they have a hard time breeding them, maybe they just get bored - they aren't the most colourful gecko out there. Other times, they are kept as a small part of a collection (a trio perhaps) so the keeper doesn't always have enough specimens to form appreciable bloodlines.
    I don't know, really. It's all speculation

palex134 Guest

Which can make them hard to find

Pristurus is another one of the sought-after genus and is hard to find but if you know the "right" people, the supply can be endless. I think that's true for most uncommon species and morphs tbh. I had a heck of a time finding C. scabrum. (P. carteri was pretty easy, oddly enough.)

It isn't necessarily that Agamura is hard to find. It is just that people tend to keep them for a very short time then sell them off which makes it hard to track them down. Maybe it's because they have a hard time breeding them, maybe they just get bored - they aren't the most colourful gecko out there. Other times, they are kept as a small part of a collection (a trio perhaps) so the keeper doesn't always have enough specimens to form appreciable bloodlines.
    I don't know, really. It's all speculation
    I love carteri! I dont know how you have an endless supply, unless you live in canada! I cannot seem to find any!

Thanks

wow i love them!! So freaky cool and wild!!!!
    Mikhail kujawa

Thanks

Totally cool! I really like the hatchling picture!
    ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
    1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
    1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Thanks

Very nice pics Mike.Didnt know you were on these forums.lol.
    I have to agree with there being alot of cross breeding going on with persica.Thats why its always good to get new blood lines or trade bloodlines**hint**

Thanks

Those are some awesome little geckos. I think spider geckos look so cool with those long legs. I'd love to have a pair of them some day.

Thanks

This is one of my CB pairs. The female (below) is gravid and has been digging that hole for almost a week now and it's making me a little nervous.
    Hot off the press (5:39 EST): Finally, this is the outcome after a week of digging. There might be another egg coming.

It was a little scary there for a while. She hasn't eaten since.