Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIZE Comparison Pics - Ok so you have a big leachie, big deal, does it LOOK big?!?

Thanks

Default SIZE Comparison Pics - Ok so you have a big leachie, big deal, does it LOOK big?!?

Alright people, lets see those big leachies with size comparison pics. This is my 14th attempt to get people to post pics of large leachies with size comparisons. Hopefully the 14th time is the charm??? Thanks to Earfarmer, Alfredo (Maguyon) and others who have responded to my previous requests!

Here is what I currently feel is the best size comparison pictures of one of the largest leachianus. Thanks to Adam Lieberman for this one.
    http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC00254.jpg

Now for some of my examples...
    Here are more SIZE COMPARISON pics of my Nuu Ana male. He was about 10.5 inches long at the time of these pics. This is what I've been saying we need more of in the hobby. Attractive pics where you can actually tell how big the animal is. I use various objects for size comparison to give the viewer multiple senses of how big the animal is. Enjoy!

1.0.0 - Eunectes murinus (Green Anaconda)
    0.1.0 - Chamydosaurus kingii (Frilled Dragon)
    ∞.∞.∞ - Rhacodactylus "all-of-'em-us"
    And many other species of Diplodactyline and Carphodactyline gecko

Thanks

Very nice Andrew!

I still don't want them though since they can be cage aggressive. My little daughter is use to opening up cages and sticking her lil hand in with no fear! I want to keep it that way for awhile here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

Big chunky guy! Hes so handsome
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jennsen View Post
    Very nice Andrew!

I still don't want them though since they can be cage aggressive. My little daughter is use to opening up cages and sticking her lil hand in with no fear! I want to keep it that way for awhile here.
    I am much the same way, even for my personal liking. Something that large with the predisposition to bite or nip is just not cool...even though I know that they aren't all like that.

Some day I might take the leap and get one but probably not in the forseeable future.
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Bite or nip? I only get growls and huffs from my pair until I pet them or hold up the cricket/pinky they want.

You never specified WHAT to compare our Leachie's to! Droma's Island X girl Vena as compared to a Twinkie! Shes only 29 months though so shes still growing. Where she weighed 130 grams at 28 months, Droma weighed only 75 at the same age so I expect her to top off much larger than him.

Droma is asleep in his tube so I can't compare him to anything at the moment.

Mmmmmm. Twinkie.

No Leachies were harmed in the process of this photo shoot, but the Twinkie was thoroughly enjoyed afterwords by the photographer.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kita View Post
    You never specified WHAT to compare our Leachie's to! Droma's Island X girl Vena as compared to a Twinkie!
    No Leachies were harmed in the process of this photo shoot, but the Twinkie was thoroughly enjoyed afterwords by the photographer.
    Haha awesome! Thanks that was pretty great

Remember you can use anything for size comparisons to make big geckos look big. Play around with the angle of the photograph and the background until you get something cool! Even a 10 inch leachie can look huge! Try putting leachies on arms, keyboards, next to coke cans, coins, etc! The smaller the arm the bigger the leachie will look! Also try to make sure their feet are completely spread out so they look as big as possible!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jennsen View Post
    Very nice Andrew!

Thanks! I find most leachies are just "home" aggressive, i.e. cork bark tubes, hide boxes, etc. Their tree hollows are their homes in the wild, and they need to defend them as best they can. Once they're out though they're super nice.

This male is actually the nicest gecko ever, he's only ever opened his mouth to lick something lol, and the worst he's done to me is poop

You should get a baby Leachie so it can grow up with your daughter!

Thanks

Really great pictures, I love these guys and really look forward to having one sometime in the future.
    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
    This male is actually the nicest gecko ever, he's only ever opened his mouth to lick something lol, and the worst he's done to me is poop
    But OH what a POOP! Between the size and smell! OMG! :th_Jttesur:
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

I'm feeding and cleaning tonight ill grab some pictures.
    -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile