Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP, Little Cenobite

Thanks

Unhappy RIP, Little Cenobite

Back in August of 2008, my grandfather had passed away.

While we were staying at my Mom's to help with the arrangements and just feeling the need to be together as a family, we had a visitor to our house.

A feral black cat had torn through a screen to escape the heat, and took up residence. He was all beat up and scratched, so we treated his wounds and welcomed him to Momma Donna's Zoo and Pet Rescue.

We named him Cenobite.

He was a very frightened little guy, but with time and patience, he got to the point where he'd accept treats from our hands and allow us to pet him, as long as we didn't try to hold him or pick him up.

He was a real sweetie.

He never really got along with our other cats. They would chase him through the house and beat him up every chance they got, so he took to hiding in our storage room/extra bedroom.

I spent a lot of time patching up scratches on him and applying NeoSporin, and I felt so bad that the other cats wouldn't bond with him like the had with the others.

Yesterday, when we got home from mom's we found him laying in the middle of the kitchen floor, hardly moving, shallow breath...basically on Death's door. Not a mark on him, but he was dying.

When we went home over the weekend to feed and water everyone, he was fine. We don't know what happened or when.

We took him to the SPCA and they euthanized and cremated him, and his ashes will be scattered at the University of Buffalo North Campus rose garden-where many of our other pets are laid to rest.

We'll miss him horribly, and feel so bad that we didn't have a chance to know him better and show him that people and other cats aren't all bad. We really tried to give him a better life.

Wait for us at Rainbow Bridge, baby!!!
    We love you...and we're so sorry...
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Thanks

I am so sorry.
    -Ashley

Thanks

Thank you, Ashley.
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Thanks

Awwww. RIP, Cenobite. I have a soft spot in my heart for hte all black kitties. I hope he's at peace now and free of fear and pain. I'm sure he appreciates that you guys gave your best to him.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Thank you, hon.

I know he's in a better place...I just feel like I let him down somehow.
    Love and Light-
    Donna

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet one
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Thanks so much, hon!
    Love and Light-
    Donna

Thanks

*hugs* sorry donna

Thanks

Thank you so much, Amber!
    Love and Light-
    Donna

Thanks

Black kitties are my favorite

Im so sorry Donna, he was a handsome boy. I am sure that he was grateful even if he didnt know how to show it, animals are funny like that sometimes. He knew he was loved, dont worry.

*hugs*

3.0 Crested Geckos *Moe*Kami*Piper*
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]0.1 Gargoyle Gecko *Nexus*[/COLOR
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa *Incus*
    0.1 Sphynx Outcross x American Curl Cat *Kura*
    1.0 Tabby Cat *Shorty*