Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little rescued kitten

Thanks

Default Little rescued kitten

Hi everyone!

We just took in an approx. two week old kitten and I thought you all might enjoy seeing some photos!

Two days ago I was out doing some shopping and as I was walking out of a pet store (having just bought supplies for our other cats) I saw an employee walking into the store holding this tiny kitten. She explained that she worked at another branch and was there when someone came in and dropped this poor kitten off. No one in the store where she was employed could take the kitten and due to her being so young, all shelters that were contacted said they'd have to euthanize her. No employees at the branch I had been shopping in could take her either. I couldn't handle hearing her cries and knowing that she must be hungry, so I bought some small bottles and KMR and brought her home. Kevin named her Pea Ninety but I've been calling her Sweet Pea as a nick name.

Without further ado... here are some photos of our tiny little fourth cat:

Look how little!!!

She's a bit of a sloppy eater

Sound asleep with a full belly

I'll post some additional photos as she grows!

-Steph
    Kevin and Steph
    http://www.sadlerreptiles.com
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks

Wow, that's adorable! Kudos to you for having the heart to take her in. It will be hard work to keep that little one full and fed, but I'm sure you will both bond. Are you going to keep her? What's her name?
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Thanks

Yes, we're going to keep her. She's getting fed every four hours, so we're a bit tired but we don't mind. Her name is Pea Ninety aka Sweet Pea
    Kevin and Steph

Thanks

So sweet! She's beautiful! And you're awesome for taking her in and taking care of her. Young kittens like that are so much work (but so worth it!)
    14th Street Geckos

Currently working with: crested geckos, gargoyle geckos; Gonatodes albogularis; leopard geckos, pictus geckos; Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Cuuuuute! Good on you for rescuing and giving this little one a chance!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Kudos to you and HUGE congrats to the kitten. The one we rescued a few months ago was dumped in the middle of the road by some evil people. She was very close to being hit, but we picked her up while her nose was still wet with fresh blood from hitting the road. Rescues always turn out to be the most affectionate because they seem to know they were saved.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

So great you took her in. She is going to be beautiful all grown up! Right now she is just the cutest little thing!
    I used to foster pups and kittens who had lost their Mom's and it was a lot of work. Good job!

Thanks

That's great that you took in the little kitty. My husband actually found a kitten last week on his job site. It was only about 2 weeks old. It's eyes were barely open. I went out and bought the baby bottle and milk to feed it too. It was hard to get it to eat though. We ended up giving it to someone who takes care of rescues b/c I just wasn't going to have to time to dedicate to it and I knew it would get a good home with the other person. Just an FYI in case you weren't aware: when they are that young you will need to stimulate them to go to the bathroom. You can do that with a cotton ball or a washcloth and just gently rub between the legs and that will work. Good luck. I attached a pick of my son holding the one we had.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

@Purrrsiancat: Awww what a sweet photo! My aunt is involved with rescue and she explained how to "potty" young kittens. So far there have been no problems and the little one eats like a champ!! The only concern I have is spoiling her too much.

@dragonlvr: I've always wanted to foster but I worried that I wouldn't be able to let go after raising them. This little kitten will have a permanent home with us... I'm looking forward to introducing her to our other cats after she's old enough to visit the vet and be tested for any diseases.

@Kita: I can't believe those people dumped a kitten on the road! I'm happy my little girl was at least gently handled through the process of being abandoned. One of our other cats was thrown in a dumpster at about two weeks of age and was bottle fed... she's about four years old now and I'm still "mama cat" to her.

-Steph
    Kevin and Steph

Thanks

OMG!!! How cute!!! Shes soooo tiny and precious!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs