Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY Mister

Thanks

Thumbs up DIY Mister

Hehehe ok this works & Im amazed it actually does..

What you'll need
    1 aquarium air pump (witch 99% of us have laying around lol)
    some 1/4" tubing
    1 bottle of purified water
    1 drill with same sized drill bit 1/4 inch for tubing
    a couple irrigation micro jets (depending how many tanks you have) and some 1/4 inch Tee's and 1 90* (I got 90* jets to be positioned in a top corner of the tanks)
    A electric on/off timer
    And some silicone

1st off you'll need to drill 2 holes into the bottle cap side by side and push the tubing to the bottom of the bottle, 1 comes from the aquarium pump the other goes out to your tanks..silicone the tubing into the holes.This can not leak air @ all ..!!!

Then run your tubing with the Tee's & 90* from the bottle into each tank with a microjet positioned to where you want it to spray.

let the silicone completely dry & be sure its air tight NO LEAKS or it will not have enough pressure to pump water. Oh & make sure you dont silicone the bottle cap to the bottle so you can refill it with fresh water..!

Tune in your electric timer for the misting cycle plug it in & watch it spray..lol

I have mine drying right now but once its done I'll post pics of it working..

Thanks

Thats a cool idea. Thanks.

Dan
    Dan
    Southwest Florida

Thanks

i used a similar method to do fogging in another cage, but never thought about using misting heads on the ends of the line, , course this will raise humidity, but does it produce any water on the leaves to lick etc??

Thanks

Yes it's actually a "sprayer" not a mister puts out plenty of real water for them to lap up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cid67 View Post
    Yes it's actually a "sprayer" not a mister puts out plenty of real water for them to lap up.
    AH that's right in mine we had 2 lines in bottle and airstone, helps to read before commenting, so thsi is just pressurizing the water up thru the hoses to the sprayers, i gotcha,,, i should do this for mine but eh, i like spraying but then again my sprayer is pretty harsh it's a bug sprayer, doesnt' exactly mist, but it'l be a good alternative when i decide to set everything up in a rack, but will have to do more than a little jug, maybe a bucket or somethign LOL

Thanks

Well it seams I cant get a good enough seal & the air is escaping somehow..grrrr

Maybe I'll try a submersible pump instead

Thanks

There also was an idea I was trying a few months back involving one of the garden sprayers hooked to a line that leads to each tank. Pump the garden sprayer and pull the trigger and it shoots to each tank.

Only problem I had was finding a good mister head. All the ones at my local garden store shot to fair out and not a fine enough mist.

Here is where I got the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjiXI...eature=related

Thanks

Thats a cool idea !

I was leanin more towards a automatic myster tho..
    If we took off for a day or 2
    3.1.0 Cresties 1.1.1 Cats 1.1.0 Kids

Peace
    Jay

Thanks

ok so i went out and purchased a cheapo $13 air pump that supports up to 30 gallons and some tubing. i took the mist head off a mister from petsmart and it produces a pretty good mist and not a sprinkler effect. i'll try and add an old pump i have laying around and see if the pressure of 2 pumps wrk.

Thanks

i used a bubble wand poked holes in it hooked to water pump and makes perfect rain my cresty loves it so do the live plants