Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Animals from Chicago??

Thanks

Default Shipping Animals from Chicago??

Hey,

I was talking to my Airline and I don't think there is a way to get any animals I buy up in Tinley back home. So I am wondering is there anybody who lives or near Chicago that wouldn't mind baby-sitting any animals that I buy until I get back home to recieve them?? I plan on just getting a few geckos, like some rhacs and a few australian species. No hots, huge snake or aggresive animals. If interested I will give you a discount on any future animals I sell.

Let me know,
    Derek
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

You can't fly them with you in your checked baggage in small containers?
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCrestie
    You can't fly them with you in your checked baggage in small containers?
    Nope, I guess they think there might be a bomb in there stomach
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Hey Derek my mother-in-law flew a baby crested back home with her. She had it in a small container and just put the container in her sweatshirt pocket and walked right onto the plane.

"It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission."
    Visit us at www.thegeckostop.com
    Thanks
    Jason & Jennifer

Thanks

I would imagine stowing away numerous reptiles would be much harder than one small crestie. In addition, imagine what would happen if the animals were seized at the airport.
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

If you're flying out Monday, you could always pack them up and drop them at the FedEx facility the day you fly out, and meet the package the next morning at home.

I have walked a gecko from Daytona onto a plane in my pocket, too. Luckily I wasn't one they randomly patted down, but my boyfriend was. (Whew.) Don't know that it's worth the risk of losing the geckos or missing the plane.

Otherwise I'm in Chicago, will be at the gecko symposium and at the Tinley Park show with a table (CCCorns), and am certified to ship reptiles (including snakes) through FedEx if you need help. Just pay shipping fees is all I ask and let me know if you want them shipped FedEx Priority (by 10:30am) or standard (by 3:00pm). If you have something other than cresties/gargoyles, obviously tell me what temps they need to be at or any special needs.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if the animals are sick or die in transit, but I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen.
    Connie Hurley along with the sticky toes: Cheeto, Echo, Ditto, Whisper, Flicker, Richochet, Reverb, Granite, Marble, and Alabaster

http://cccorns.com
    http://cedarcreeksaussies.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Stop
    "It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission."

Those security people at the airport don't cut you any slack, they made me miss my flight and tore my bag apart. Because they saw a suspicious item in my bag. All it was was a steel hook.

Thanks Hurley I'll keep you in mind.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDReptiles
    Those security people at the airport don't cut you any slack, they made me miss my flight and tore my bag apart. Because they saw a suspicious item in my bag. All it was was a steel hook.

Thanks Hurley I'll keep you in mind.
    You tried to take a steel hook on a plane!! TERRORIST!!
    ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
    1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
    1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Stop
    Hey Derek my mother-in-law flew a baby crested back home with her. She had it in a small container and just put the container in her sweatshirt pocket and walked right onto the plane.
    This is very risky. If TSA security decides to select you for special screening (carry-on inspection and partial strip down) or if they see something funny in the baggage scan you will find yourself in great difficulty. It is highly likely that you would be denied boarding with the animal - you may be denied boarding, period - and have to leave it at the airport to God-knows-what fate. Airlines in California have threatened to land planes and arrest people if innocuous herps were surreptiously carried into the cabin. The world is way different then is was before 9/11.

What I did last year was pay a friendly vendor to ship the animal I purchased from her as well as a couple of others that came from other vendors. It was well worth $35 to avoid the risk.
    ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
    President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Thanks

PS. Sorry Hurley. Didn't see that you had already addressed this. Responded to a post without finishing the thread.....

And thanks for the offer! I guess you can be classified as a friendly vendor, lol.
    ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
    President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006