Thread: "Freaks" of Nature...

Thanks

Default "Freaks" of Nature...

I found this album very fascinating. It has pictures of many siamese twins of reptiles and mammals alike, along with some beautiful and disturbing specimens that are albino or malformed.

http://www.texasreptiles.com/freaks.html

Enjoy. My personal favorite is the albino white-tailed deer, but snake with a foot arrives at close second.
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Thanks

I think I am in love

Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Oh awesome! They've been updating! I've seen this site before since they are local to me. Eric and a friend of his are trying the Gaboon/Rhino Viper cross. Too bad he isn't trying with his pink Gaboon girl.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

omg that albino peacock is simply breathtaking!
    Edit: The white dear is beautiful, that 1 eyed beardie....poor thing looks pittyful with that bottom jaw
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

I can't find the website I looked up after first seeing that picture. It was a breeder with a bunch of different Peacock morphs including this handsome boy:

I really wanted to find it because I could have sworn they said that there has not yet been a true albino Peacock and that these were leucistics. Don't hold me to that until I can find the website.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider

Thanks

reguardless, both of those birds are outstanding! Such a beautiful species, they throw in the white, super cool! I was looking them up, apparent Kita the one you posted seems to be a pied. I dont see an albino in the mutations list, but I do see some white ones. Incase if any of you are interested in seeing some mutations of the indian peacock
    http://www.leggspeafowl.com/photogal.htm

I can tell you these guys are pretty cool, we had one in the vets office, he got hit by a car and the owner was out of town for a few weeks. The person who hit it knew who it belonged to, so for a few weeks it stayed with us, we called him Henry. We used to let him roam the office, but his butt was naked from being hit by the car..lol
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

The white deer or buck is what people would have call a 'white heart' it was considered 'kingly' you hunt them way back in the day.

I love the peacock shots.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thongwedgie View Post
    reguardless, both of those birds are outstanding! Such a beautiful species, they throw in the white, super cool! I was looking them up, apparent Kita the one you posted seems to be a pied. I dont see an albino in the mutations list, but I do see some white ones. Incase if any of you are interested in seeing some mutations of the indian peacock
    http://www.leggspeafowl.com/photogal.htm

I can tell you these guys are pretty cool, we had one in the vets office, he got hit by a car and the owner was out of town for a few weeks. The person who hit it knew who it belonged to, so for a few weeks it stayed with us, we called him Henry. We used to let him roam the office, but his butt was naked from being hit by the car..lol
    Thats the one I was looking for! Absolutely, they are outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Gecko View Post
    The white deer or buck is what people would have call a 'white heart' it was considered 'kingly' you hunt them way back in the day.

I love the peacock shots.
    I've heard that too. Hopefully that practice has long since been stopped.