Thread: I can't think of a name!!!

In the place that is never warm (England!)
    Thanks

Question I can't think of a name!!!

OK here he is...

OK so not sure of his morphs. but he has black spots in him, and a stripey zigzaggy-patterned orange back. He's not at his brightest in the pictures.

I like names that are simple, I have a bearded dragon called George, a female crestie called Charlie and another female crestie called Ziggy (because of her zig-zag pattern). I just cant think of a name for this little man. I just call him 'lil man' at the mo lol. I've gone through Sydney, Peanut and Louie but none seem to suit.

I did have a male crestie called Alfie but a friend has taken him off me because i had no time to try and tame him and I felt he'd be better off with someone who did have time. And i still get to see him because I get pictures all the time

Lil man is quite small and delicate at the mo. He is so cute and a little bit clumsy when he jumps. He is very tame for his age. He licks CGD off my finger which none of my cresties do its soooo cute!! and he chomps crickets in seconds!!

The name has gotta be right!! any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Think of your favorite actors or characters in books and draw a name from one of them. I had a gecko named Clooney after George Clooney once. Some of the names can be quite characteristic...while maintaining the simplicity of being a human name.

Another option is to name him after food or the way he acts.
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Thanks

My first crestie, Mo(hinder), was too preemptively named...she turned out to be a girl, and a gender-confused one, at that!! Two full years of calling her Mohinder before I realized that I should probably see a bulge if she's a boy. :P

Now I try to keep the names gender-neutral if there's any doubt as to sex, and other than that, I base the names on personality. Sprocket is a bold little guy in colour and in personality, so I gave him something quirky and fun to say. Zappa has striking, high-contrast colouring and a very active personality, so I knew he was going to have something electric in his name (bonus points for being a very cool musician!). Basset is dignified as all heck, and has toned-down markings, so I named him after the snobby-looking* dog breed (which also has a very long snout, like my crestie). I also like the relationship to the word Brass, since Basset is on the brown side of lavender.

Xander has always looked down his nose at me, like I'm his slave, hence Alexander the Great.

Jung is part of a series of White's Tree Frogs named after psychologists (my mom started it). So that's a different story.

So using his looks AND personality as a starting point, what kind of names do you find yourself attracted to?

*Let it be known that I adore Basset Hounds. But they do look like snobs!! It's in the snout, I think.
    2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Thanks

When I have trouble coming up with a name for something, I name it George. Now granted, I have had lots of critters in my life named George, but it always seemed to fit!

Thanks

I think he looks like a Andrew to me Andy for short

Thanks

I'd call the little critter "Fribble" due to the nice swirling of his/her patterns. But that's just me.

Thanks

Ahaha! Fribble!! That's a good name! Makes me want one.
    2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Thanks

Names usually take a while...unless of course you are dead set on one to begin with. One of my cresteds got his name from a random little girl in a bathroom (long story), but it is a total fit. With all my other animals the names have just come in time, be it an hour or several months. Also, having the gender be known is always helpful.

In the place that is never warm (England!)
    Thanks

lol fribble! Thats cute. I cant quite say it though without dribbling haha!

I like the name winston. I like human names a lot for animals.
    I already have a dragon called george. And she's a girl lol. But she's still george.
    I like the name sid. Because my boyfriend's grandad is called Sid and he's brilliant.
    But sid doesn't suit little man.
    Winston is cute. I might have a trial run with winston!
    I like the name wibbles lol. But its a bit silly lol.

Thanks everyone for ur help.
    Imagine old school names.
    If u can think of anymore please let me know.

Thanks

I found Bazil's name by randomly flipping through a baby name book. I have a strange obsession with names, and have tons of name books lying around. Do a search on the internet for older fashioned names and see what you can find!
    1.1.0 E. agricolae