Thread: Possible new CGD!?

Thanks

Question Possible new CGD!?

As I was on the forums the other day, I viewed the thread about Matt talking about the "new and improved" CGD. Well last night I purchased a new bottle of CGD from Petsmart. I have also purchased CGD from Petco before too. The bottle at Petco had an orange lid whereas the bottle I picked up at Petsmart last night has a hunter green lid. The color and the texture of it is quite different, in my opinion, to what I've used before. The color is almost a white to very light tan compared to the usual brown/orange tint. The texture appears to be like a fluffy texture as to the the grainy appearance of others in my experience. It also has a different smell. I don't know how to desricbe the smell but it smells very good . Is this possibly the new CGD? Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS !

Thanks

its possible. i have the new stuff and to me it smells like bubblegum and bananas. i also think its the 3.0 version if you can find that on the bottle. i've seen the orange lid, and the purple lid before, but never the green one, so maybe it is the new stuff. and your description resembles that of what i have now.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

That is exactly what mine smells like. I could not find the 3.0 on the bottle but I have exactly what you described and if you have the new then I suppose I do too. Thanks for your input/help.

Thanks

I am pretty sure the 3.0 version was not going to be carried in pet stores. Not sure where I read that though, I think it might have been on the Repashy forum.

Thanks

I also bought a new bottle from petsmart recently and it is definitely different than it was the last time I bought a bottle. I just figured it was the new mix which I guess is 3.0?

Thanks

if i may quote Lance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Carbuncle View Post
    I asked Allen this question and he said that his new formula is only going to be made available through his own products and that this formula will not be shared with T-Rex, nor sold by them. T-Rex will continue production of the old formula from now on. He said the new formula is a lot more expensive to make, and has more than eight new ingredients that would be too much work for T-Rex to inventory and deal with. They would also have to make label changes and they get their labels made like 100,000 at a time and aren't going to throw the old ones away..
    It seems another good reason to buy directly from places like Pangea who always have the freshest batches. Who knows how long those jars are sitting in a Petco anyways. I want mine fresh, and Allen says that he makes every order fresh the week it goes to Pangea, and that Pangea orders fresh product every week from him!
    T-rexx is the one that makes the bottles its still the old stuff.
    1.1.0 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus (cresties)
    Once you go Rhac! you never go back no lie!

Thanks

I also just bought a new bottle from Petsmart and got the same old stuff...