Thread: Female rotating her eggs.

Thanks

Default Female rotating her eggs.

I have seen this several times before, but I never had a good angle to take a video. As I hope you can see I catch her turning around and very clearly rotating her freshly laid eggs with her nose. I did not get the back egg in the frame but she rotated that one too, and you can see the egg closest to the edge get moved too. Just thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vd27...layer_embedded

Thanks

huh, that's pretty cool. why do they do that?
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Heck if I know but I have seen it 4-5 times just before they bury the eggs. Maybe she knows what side needs to be up? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks

Have you ever checked to see if they were right side up?

That is pretty interesting.
    Brandie

www.cbballpythons.com
    5.5.7.3 Cresties - 1.2.1 Gargoyle - 1.1 M.I. Chahoua - 1.1.0.4 P.I. Chahoua - 0.0.1 Leachie

"I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set.......I think I need a Lear jet"

Thanks

Nope I have never checked before but I will have to do that next time.

Thanks

Wow that's very interesting.

I have to say, when you transfer them to the incubator, if you do, I always check they are right way up, but it does occur to me, in the wild they must get turned, or knocked sometimes.

After some pretty poor experiences with incubation, I have learned a lot and the eggs are tougher than a lot of people give them credit for.

Amazing though
    9.9.6 Crested Geckos + 8 eggs cooking!
    2.1.0 Leopard Geckos

I won't bow to something that I've never seen, I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me, I'm not blood of your blood, I'm no son of your god, I've no faith in your fate, Still I find salvation.. (FFDP)

Thanks

Hey,
    Female Bearded Dragons do it,our girls hit the eggs so hard, that they come up and out of the hole she has dug, and our girls lay between 20-25 eggs,I try to get to the eggs before this happens, I believe it's there way of packing them in, nice and tight?I doubt it has anything to do with,right side up yet, they eggs haven't had a chance to set and develop, they've never broken a egg doing it, I lost a egg once, when she stepped on it with her back foot and her claw cut into one.most of the time I'am able to pull them away and collect the eggs when their done before they have a chance to pound them down.It's quite violent seeing the eggs get tossed around,our main girl Sara laid a clutch 1 3/4 mos ago,there due to hatch, next week and she looking like she going to drop another clutch very soon,I'll grab the vid.cam and recorded it and down load to youtube.

Joe M.
    www.dragonslare.com
    1.4. Frilled Dragons, 4.5.0.15 Bearded Dragons, 1.4.31.24 Crested Geckos, 1.4.0.2 Halmahera Giant Geckos (marginata), 1.1. Gargoyle Geckos, 3.8.6.4 Leopard Geckos, 1.5.1.20 Chinese Cave Geckos, 2.1.2.4 Fat-Tail Geckos, 1.1. Mossy LeafTail Gecko's, 0.1 Henkeli LeafTail Gecko, 0.3. African Banded Velvet Gecko's, 0.0.2 Madagascan Giant Day Gecko's, 1.0. Veiled Chameleons, .1.1. Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis 1.1. Cyrtodactylus intermedius 1.4.Tibetan Frog-Eyed Gecko's