Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eleven years of breeding.....

Thanks

Default Eleven years of breeding.....

and I have never seen this until tonight. I put a virgin male into a proven female's enclosure (a pairing I'm excited about, BTW) and they sat within inches of each other, the male on the bamboo, the female on the lay box. The male then proceeded to arch his tail slightly at the base and press his bulge (which I swear suddenly looked bigger) against the bamboo.... then slowly walked down the bamboo directly in front of her, rubbing his gecko manhood down the length of the bamboo, tail still arched. I'm thinking I witnessed marking with scent..... anyone else ever seen this? Incidently, 20 minutes together and no direct interaction so far. Hmmmm.........

Thanks

wouldn't that be like a young guy or teen who stuffs their pants with socks to make it look big when they're around the opposite sex? look at my package baby lol. trying to impress her and get her interest by making it look big. that's funny. hope the female likes him.

Thanks

That is interesting Mike, I thought I saw something like that with a virgin male that I have, also on a stick that was in the females cage. It was only for a second so I wasn't sure if I was seeing marking or not. I had heard that leachies mark but I had never heard that about cresteds.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

that's really interesting. I had not yet heard of that.
    Chrissy Seredy
    Sadie's Hideaway Education & Rescue
    6.3.5.3 Crested Geckos; 0.1 gargoyle gecko; 1.0 Vorax Geckos; 5.2 Panther Geckos; 1.1 tokays; 1.1.1 carpet pythons; 0.2 red tail boas; 0.1 ball python; 0.0.1 rat snake; 0.0.1 honduran milk snake 1.2 Dogs; 2.1 Cats; 0.0.0.1 anole egg

Thanks

I havent witnessed that myself of course, but scent marking sounds pretty logical to me. Im about to introduce one of my virgin males to a virgin female, I wonder if it matters that the female was proven? Ill be sure to keep a close watch.
    STEVEN

Thanks

Success!

The female was so fired down though while he fired up his nice yellow. Here she is when she's fired:

Thanks

Very nice pairing!!! Can't wait to see the babies from these two!
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

Oh wow, put me in line for babies - those two are gorgeous! And thanks for posting about what you saw... that's incredibly interesting to me. Leachies do it all the time, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if cresties do it too. I just wonder why we don't see it more often... *scratches chin*
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Thanks

wouldn't that be like a young guy or teen who stuffs their pants with socks to make it look big when they're around the opposite sex? look at my package baby lol. trying to impress her and get her interest by making it look big. that's funny. hope the female likes him.
    so you're telling me all those guys in high school were just faking?! and all this time i thought we had a particularly blessed male population in my school.

*jumps in behind juliethegr8t* i most definitely need a baby from them! exactly what i need for one of my projects.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

wow great looking pair Mike! I love the male. I am glad to see someone isnt afraid to work with brindles and tigers since there are members on here who dont think they are worth the effort into breeding. So kudos keep the morph alive!

I do know they have scent glands, one of my females her first season breeding...well attempt to breed anyways. She got a really bad infection a few weeks after breeding, took her in and her scent gland was infected. Thankfully she never laid any eggs that year, full recovery and was bred the following year, every egg was good and beautiful babies. So moral of the story, yeah I think he was scent marking.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI