Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lethargic gecko, new owner

Thanks

Well when I went in to relocate the heat lamp (which is closer to 6 inches away now not 4 like previously mentioned) he had moved from hiding under the fish log and was chilling on a plant leaf :] So atleast he is making some progress today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thongwedgie View Post
    Matt sells a fantastic scale here! Otherwise I would suggest Target over Walmart only because I know the Walmarts here dont sell digital scales. Normally you dont find them in pet stores, online usually has better sources.
    I got my digital scale from the kitchen section at Walmart. It's wonderful to have for reference, but it doesn't measure tenth-of-grams, only whole grams. But it works for what I need it to do.
    2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I'm afraid 60w may get it too hot do you have a way to check it?
    as of right now it is 72/73 at the top of the tank and 62 at the bottom.

i'll check in the morning to make sure it hasnt risen any.

Thanks

I bought a scale from Walmart and it works fine for my adults. However, as soon as I had younger geckos I wished it read in 0.1 of a gram and now want to buy another one. Consider the size of your gecko and buy what will work for you.
    Eric
    1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Thanks

we got our scale off of ebay, and for less than half of the price we saw at any store (in person or online). reads in tenths of a gram, so it is perfect for all sizes of geckos! not sure of the brand name or anything since i am at work, but if you look around i'm sure you'll find something that works for a good price.

Thanks

Truthfully if I can support this site by buying from Matt than I do. Even if I can find it cheaper, if Matt sells it then Pangea gets my money everytime!
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

Same here I love to buy from the site, I'm a newbie but I like not having the hassel of going from store to store or site to site, the only bad thing about buying from this site is the shipping cost to canada but other than that its great!

Thanks

Actually, I just ordered a digital scale from Matt last week. It has not arrived yet but he has been very helpful with suggestions to keep the costs down and avoid customs issues. Shipping was still a bit steep but I also wanted some other things as well and separate shipping orders would have been even more expensive. Has anyone from Canada had a gecko shipped to them from the US? Were there any complications with paperwork or huge cost issues etc. at the border?
    Eric
    1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0 Phelsuma laticauda