Thread: How small is too small?

Thanks

Default How small is too small?

Looking at Petsmart and Petco...since it is probably too cold to ship(I'm in South Dakota)...they both have little harlequins...and I stress the little part. Maybe 2 inches if i'm being generous. Is that an ok/healthy size to buy them? Just curipus since from my experience with beardies it isnt too good to buy/sell them under a certain size and age.
    1 Orange Bearded Dragon (Male)
    1 Red Bearded Dragon (Female)
    2 Golden Geckos (Breeding Pair)
    1 Tiger Salamander (Unknown Sex)
    2 Female Roommates (Scariest Species Ever)
    1 Springer Spaniel (Male)

Thanks

Well they will die if you don't buy them and may die if you do. At that age,stess from shipping, and whatever else they have been threw can kill them. There very delicate at that age. It's a risk you'll have to take and if it dose die hopefuly it'll be within your guarentee so you can get a replacement.

Thanks

Good point...hmmm, but which one to rescue now...???

Time to flip a coin I guess...ecspecially since I only have a 12x12x18...
    1 Orange Bearded Dragon (Male)
    1 Red Bearded Dragon (Female)
    2 Golden Geckos (Breeding Pair)
    1 Tiger Salamander (Unknown Sex)
    2 Female Roommates (Scariest Species Ever)
    1 Springer Spaniel (Male)

Thanks

good point, by buying them they have a better chance at living, but you're also encouraging the store to continue doing what they're doing. =/ most big petstores will only see those sales of sick geckos as a good thing for themselves, and wont bother to make any changes since they figure whatever they're doing is working. if they dont sell any geckos because they're sick, they'll realize something isnt working and either try to fix it or stop selling cresteds at that store.
    its always a difficult choice to make...
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

12x12x18 is probably a bit big for one that size... from what I've read on here, most keep babies in Kritter Keepers or 5g tanks. My smallest are juvies however so maybe someone who has little babies will chime in.

Thanks

cymric is right. Babies may not eat in a habitat that is too large. I'd look into some kritter keepers if I were you.

Bear in mind that PETCO (and probably Petsmart too) has a full-money-back return policy within 15 days of purchase. If the babies are sick, you won't get your money back unless they die within 15 days OR you return them within that time period. And before you buy them, remember that you can always ask if they have been seen by a vet. You can't request that they see a vet unless they are showing obvious signs of illness, though.

And always remember to KEEP YOUR RECEIPT.
    2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)