Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really excited, new baby arriving next week.

Thanks

Amazing colors and pattern. I'd love to get a boa. This one is stunning... would love to see more pictures!
    0.1 37wk Fetus; Savannah Grace.|1.0 Very Patient Husband; Lars.
    0.0.1 Columbian B&W Tegu; Crixus.|2.3 Dogs; Missy, Junior, Roscoe,
    Pig, Ghost.|1.0 Prairie Dog; Spartacus.|2.2.1 Leopard Geckos; Balthazar,
    Regan,
    Mercutio, Valentine, Pluto.|0.1 Fancy Rat; Nimh.

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments on Aritana. He appreciates them.

I finally got to handle him just for a second, I just had too, he didn't really enjoy it but was so calm and well behaved. I am already in love with him.

Some crappy pics of him.

Thanks

wow I love your snake I want a BRB soooooo bad that it aint even funny and it looks like its in blue in the pics that's probably why he didn't like being handled, but I might be wrong and that's just how the pic looks...lol

Thanks

You should defiantly get a BRB. I just came to find out that my boy is a little feisty, he tried to strike at me twice already, but with handling he will calm down, he is a little nervous lol. Tomorrow will be his first meal. I hope everything works out ok with him eating. I am planning on getting him a girlfriend already. Another het hypo. So I will be producing some hypos in the future.

Two more shot of him.

Thanks

He appears to me to be in blue (but it could just be the natural coloration). If so, he will probably be less feisty after shedding.

Pretty, though!

Edit: Also, some snakes will not feed while in blue. A few of mine will, but others won't.
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Thanks

I didn't really understand what 713exotics was talking about when he said he was probably in blue, now I get it. lol It took awhile, after reading a few times, and trying really hard to try to understand lol. My brain hurts. j/k

When I got him he was pretty different from what he looked in the pictures his breeder sent me, somewhat dull. After a week in my care, today I noticed he was a little more vivid. Snakes don't eat their skin huh? Do you think he will shed from the pictures? Or is it possible that he already shed? I am confused, never saw a snake shed before.

But hopefully with time I will start to understand my little boy a little better.

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Nah, I think what you guys are seeing is the reason they are called "rainbow boas." I am referring to the bluish iridescence you see on his skin in the light.

Maybe, though, he might be in shed. Hard to tell from the first picture of this post: "03-03-2010, 02:42 AM" It does look like his eyes might be a little gray.

No, snakes don't eat their shed, and they often don't eat anything at all for a few days before shedding. You would know it if he'd shed already. Just provide a moist hide and some rough surfaces to rub against and leave him alone until he sheds and he should be fine. He may be striking at you because he can't see too well, but I have heard that BRBs can be a little feisty at times.

The less pieces he sheds in, by the way, the better. It's not like a lizard. If he sheds in a lot of pieces, you may need to up his humidity.

Thanks

Yeah, you're probably right Lauren/Hunter. I haven't seen a rainbow boa in person before. I think the flash is accentuating that interesting quality.

P.S. Francine--I think he probably was duller when you first got him because he was a bit stressed? Now he's settling in.
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Thanks

You guys were right. He was in "blue". He shed last night, I woke up this morning to find this in her enclosure.

::
    ::
    \/

When he arrived his color was very dull compared to his breeders pictures, I was going to ask the person I got him from, but I decided to way and see, it took him a week to shed, but he finally did. The weird thing is that the same day of his shed his color were more vibrant, as you can see in the last 2 pictures I posted of him. I will not mess with him right now, and will try feeding him tomorrow or Thursday.

Thanks again with the great info guys.

Francine Conti

Thanks

Perfect shed! Yay! haha