Thread: I finally got to handle my T!

Thanks

Default I finally got to handle my T!

Last year I traded a Crested for 2 A. purpurea slings (hatched on Droma's birthday!). One did not make it, but the other has reached adult colors in 1 year 1 month and outgrown sling darting. I had cleaned the containers before and was astonished at the short bursts of speed so I never tried to handle them. Since loosing its sibling, I was finally able to find a name for this one. Meet Purpurescent! And freshly (about 24 hours ago) molted too! You can see the toes of the molt behind him/her in the web.

I forgot what I'm supposed to look for to sex since I did that research way back when I was first looking. I just know its something to do with those two circles on the abdomen.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

Ohhh pretty purple! I love avics but they are a pain in the butt to keep.
    And ventral sexing has every little to do with the circles on the abdomen. Those are the book lungs, there are 4 of them, 2 up high 2 down low, and that is how your tarantula breaths.
    The epigastric furrow is where you would be looking to try and ventrally sex but that is far to small of a T to try imo.

Thanks

Such a cute little T you have

Thanks

Nice lil guy/gal and great photos!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

So gorgeous!
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

very cute from here love the color tho.

Thanks

Very pretty ...even though I swear I can feel creepy crawlies all over me just looking at it :P

2.7.13 Cresties Ozai Nix Gracie Ling Parula Midori Issabella Mischief Lydia
    Tango Gimp Avery Grasun Lyrica Gizmo Blaine Neva Skyler Sydney Rene Nico Rio
    0.1 Gargoyles Squishy*
    1.2 Leopards Sabastian Willow Allie
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming

GeckosandGiggles.com IHerp

Thanks

What is the...other...name for your T? Very pretty. I just can't follow the confusing names lol

Thanks

Actually Purpurescent is the other name. It's scientific is Avicularia purpurea. I came up with Purpurescent by googling other words for purple and found this:

Purpurescent (Century Dictionary): 1. In zoology, purplish; tinged with purple.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

I'm so never going to your house! But you are now officially my hero! congrats!!!! uh uhmmmm i guess.... nice looking ssssssppppppider! make me studder lol
    0.1 Human- Kyrah, 3.1 Crested Geckos, 0.2.1 Tokay, 1.1 Uromastyx, 0.1 Ball Python, 0.0.1 leachy, 1.0 chewie/crested hybrid, 2.2 RTB, 1.0 golden gecko