Thread: SO HAPPY!

Thanks

Talking SO HAPPY!

I'm getting my Crestie, I'm so excited! We ordered a 12x12x18 cage for him and we're getting his food and water bowels, vines, plants, food, hide, and thermometers/hygrometers tomorrow! His cage will be here in about a week and we have PetCo holding the little guy I looked at yesterday. He's an adult male, the lady said he was a flame, but I'm really bad at morphs and can't really tell. He has really beautiful head structure in my opinion and some very cute little Dalmatian spots! I held him and he was very sweet, crawling all over my arms and jumping onto my shoulders. I'm a little concerned because they have him on CGD as well as baby food, I plan to switch him over to only CGD and dusted crickets as a treat every once in a while. The only other thing I'm worried about is that our house gets really cold at night, we don't have good heating and our room can drop down into the 50s at night. I'm getting an overhead lamp with a 75 watt red bulb, would this heat his enclosure enough? I know it'll dry it out and I'll have to mist more, but I want him to stay warm enough. Anyways, just wanted to post because I'm super excited!! I'll post pics as soon as our little baby comes home.
    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Thanks

Congrats!!!

If he is on CGD and baby food I would just remove all baby food and offer him only CGD.

As for heat, you could get a under tank heater on a control (can't remember the actual name).
    Crested Geckos: 1.1.5
    Gargoyle Gecko: 0.0.1
    3 eggs a'cooking in the incubator

Thanks

75watts is wayyy to high. They can take drops into the 50's. At my house I use a 35watt bulb and I use a thermostat to keep it at around 73-75 during the day and then let it turn off at night where it can get to about mid 50's. If you really want to heat it and dont want to purchase a thermostat (they can be expensive) then I would get maybe a 20watt bulb and regularly check it to make sure it doesnt get too hot. Or maybe you can purchase a light dimmer if the heat lamp doesnt come with a dimmer already.

Congrats on your soon to be gecko! Get ready to be buying some more in the near future

Thanks

Congrats! And yessss 75 watts is too high. Can't wait for pictures!

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I'll go with a much smaller watt!
    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Thanks

i only have a reptisun 10.0 on top of my 15x15x23 with a side firing 40 watt household bulb and the temps inside vary from 72-76 during the day then it drops a bit at night. of course i have a screen front and top though instead of a glass front. from what i remember too don't have a hot light directly on top.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow2010 View Post
    i only have a reptisun 10.0 on top of my 15x15x23 with a side firing 40 watt household bulb and the temps inside vary from 72-76 during the day then it drops a bit at night. of course i have a screen front and top though instead of a glass front. from what i remember too don't have a hot light directly on top.
    You might want to consider taking out the reptisun. Intensities over 5.0 can cause blindness in crested geckos.

Thanks

The little guy came home a lot sooner than I thought he would be! I'll post pictures as soon as my computer lets me upload them to photobucket.
    1.1.0 E. agricolae