Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gecko meet alligator lizard

Thanks

Default gecko meet alligator lizard

i introduced my two small lizards to each other yesterday and absolutely no issues. i'm sure my nw alligator lizard was probably thinking, "what the heck is this ugly thing you have in front of me?" the gecko could care less. i know you ppl here will ream me for this but they're together at the moment. one sleep in the moss at night while the other is awake. daytime i had an issue with the skink moving the gecko out of it's sleep spot but i fixed that. no fighting or anything either.no dropped tail. i'll see how it looks when i get home from work today. i have it so where the crested's sleep spot is unreachable by the other lizard so it can sleep in peace. if it doesn't work it doesn't work. see how it goes. i know everyone forbids this type of thing and i understand that. just curious to see if this works or not.

Thanks

good luck with that.

Thanks

Wow... I wouldn't chance it. I would feel terrible if one ended up hurt or worse...
    1.0.0 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus: Mitsurugi
    1.0.0 Rescue Leo: Mr. Wiggles (please visit this thread, I need all the help I can get)

Dreaming of that face again, It's bright and blue and shimmering... Grinning wide and comforting me with its three warm and wild eyes Third Eye -- tool

Thanks

You say introduced yesterday, so i assume you had separate tanks before. Why risk something like that? The differences in habitat are also an issue to think about.

Thanks

The reason everyone forbids it is because 99% of the time it doesn't work. It may work for a little while, sure, but eventually something will go wrong. So, imho, it would be for the best to separate them as soon as humanly possible.
    1.0 Crested Gecko (Beauregard Monroe) 0.1 Ball Python (Queen Elizabeth) 0.1 Leos (Rusty) 0.1 Savannah Monitor (Panzer) 1.0 BCC (Perseus) 1.0 Albino burm (Banana) 1.0 Bearded Dragon (Sampson) 1.0 BTS (Neeson) 0.0.1 Leucistic GFP Axolotl (Momo-chan) 1.0 Asian Painted Frog/Chubby Frog (Mr. Bumble) 4.0 Rats, three furred, one hairless dumbo (Raisin, Plague, Fibonacci, Butterscotch) 1.0 Albino Hedgehog (Kensington) 0.2 Dwarf Hamsters (Socks, Doodle) 0.1 Dachshund (Cricket)

Thanks

You also risk introducing different pathogens to one another. a skink mught have a pathogen that your gecko can't handle...
    My two cents.
    Abe

Thanks

I hope your skink eats your gecko.
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Thanks

I hope you gecko eats your skink, pukes it up, slaps it in the face, eats it again, then poops on the newly cleaned glass cage. Just kidding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3menace View Post
    I hope your skink eats your gecko.
    Unfortunately, some people need stuff like that to happen to them first hand before they realize that THEIR wrong and everyone else telling them otherwise is right.

As the saying goes:

"A fool learns from his own mistakes, the wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

Too bad your mistake may mean the death of something that has no say in the matter...

Thanks

Or a dropped tail
    Abe