Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some happy news!

Thanks

Default Some happy news!

I thought I'd share some happy news. I was on a business trip three weeks ago and my fiance was taking care of my geckos. I have a lidless rack from ACReptiles and she had a problem sliding some of the tanks shut. The result was two escapes. One I found immediately but I could not find the other (Jarael). After searching every night for a week, I finally gave up on finding Jarael.

Sure enough, this morning after breakfast, I hear a yell of "Gecko!" in the kitchen and there is Jarael sitting on the floor as if nothing had happened.

Considering that we have two big dogs, I'm amazed that he made it two weeks undetected. He seems no worse for wear (tail and toes are all still intact). He's gotten sauna and is back in a critter keeper with plenty of food. I can only imagine what he's been doing for the past two weeks!

Thanks

Congratulations!! What a great way to start your day

Thanks

great news!
    Crested Geckos 4.8.7.2
    Leopard Geckos 1.0.0
    Portuguese Water Dog 0.1.0
    www.chasescresties.webs.com

Thanks

Wow two weeks? Congrats on finding him!

Thanks

reminds me of losing one of my tree frogs in my house for nearly a week this month. i have two dogs. one likes to play with insects and other stuff and the other is a hunter. my frog came back to it's setup and just sat on the lid waiting for me to put it back in.
    I'm glad you found your second gecko unscathed. With two dogs around you're lucky to not have a dead one.

Thanks

Slightly off topic...

Do your dogs react to your geckos? I think they must give off some sort of defensive smell (like garter snakes, but more subtle). My dog always gives his head a shake after he smells my geckos close up, just like he does after he smells a snake or newt outside.

Thanks

My dogs are very curious about the geckos and it makes me nervous lol! I usually make sure they are far away because they have this hungry look about them when they see a gecko moving around!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aliguori View Post
    I have a lidless rack from ACReptiles and she had a problem sliding some of the tanks shut. The result was two escapes.
    What do you mean by she had problems sliding the tanks shut? I almost bought one of these so I am interested to hear more about something that could cause escapes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talkenlate04 View Post
    What do you mean by she had problems sliding the tanks shut? I almost bought one of these so I am interested to hear more about something that could cause escapes.
    A couple of the slots are a pretty tight fit. You have to really pull it in and out by the lip of the critter keeper for it to slide easily. She was pulling from the bottom which made it very difficult to pull in and out. I neglected to show her that trick before leaving...

All in all, I'm very happy with it and would certainly recommend it.

Thanks

Glad you found him safe and well If it happened to one of mine, i am sure they would survive for a while on all the escaped crickets....they seem to turn up everywhere!