Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brynn was PEEPING!

Thanks

Default Brynn was PEEPING!

Hey all, I just had my evening visit with Brynn. He had some fresh mango which he seemed to enjoy.

While I was sitting there I heard a tiny peeping sound, like a baby bird. I thought maybe it was outside because my window is open a little. But then I realized...IT WAS BRYNN! He was peeping at me!! He would stop when he licked his nose!

What is this all about? It was so cute, I just hope it's not something bad - me still a new crestie mom and all, I haven't "seen and heard it all" yet! Why was he peeping???

Thanks

lol that is super cute, I havent seen him do that before although he wasnt in the house where he could see us. Its def not a bad thing, maybe he has a little crush
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Thanks

Nexus my gargoyle gecko does that every night at around 11 lol Hes like a little alarm clock in his KK Its really cute.

3.0 Crested Geckos *Moe*Kami*Piper*
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]0.1 Gargoyle Gecko *Nexus*[/COLOR
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa *Incus*
    0.1 Sphynx Outcross x American Curl Cat *Kura*
    1.0 Tabby Cat *Shorty*

Thanks

My girls never did this so I was really surprised when Brynn did. How funny! I can't wait to hear him do it again! :-)

Thanks

Peeping is very cute, but I find that its the geckos telling me they're nervous about the situation. not nervous enough to gape or run, just that they're not too sure or comfortable in a new situation.
    Both Woodstock and Eve peep at me and they're both nervous geckos. Eve has even vocalized a squawk, (like a small short duck quack) when she's really unhappy about something (I moved her into a tank to share with another girl, and boy did she let me know!).
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Really Saz? I always thought the quacks were more like loving quacks when they are just in there tank. opposed to when your acutally bothering them

I know when I take out my one girl who is nervous she quacks at me but only when she doesnt want out.

Maybe Brynn peepd like he was saying Im pissed you put me back I want more mango
    2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
    1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
    1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Thanks

Brynn didn't seem upset when he was peeping. He was just sitting in my hand, occasionally licked his nose. I would hope he was happy. I'll have to see if he does it again tonight. I try to get him out every night even if it's for a little while so he can get used to me handling him. I really need to get a scale so I can see if he's growing!

Thanks

Do you pronounce that "Brin" or is this some yuppie way to spell Brian?
    1.0.0 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus: Mitsurugi
    1.0.0 Rescue Leo: Mr. Wiggles (please visit this thread, I need all the help I can get)

Dreaming of that face again, It's bright and blue and shimmering... Grinning wide and comforting me with its three warm and wild eyes Third Eye -- tool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
    Do you pronounce that "Brin" or is this some yuppie way to spell Brian?
    You say that name bye rinn, not brin, and no it's not a yuppie way of spelling Brian. It is a fairly common name really.

Thanks

We have one male who makes a peeping, almost soft whistle noise occasionally. We've had him for quite some time and he is a calm sweet gecko. The noises are very quiet and he appears totally relaxed when doing it and for that reason I never equated it with stress. I just figured he had something to say..
    -Steph
    Kevin and Steph
    http://www.sadlerreptiles.com
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter