Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dropped-Tail-Phobia.....who here has it?

Thanks

Default Dropped-Tail-Phobia.....who here has it?

For some strange reason I have this fear that my cresties will drop their tails. Everytime I look into the tank I look at the geckos tail to see if its still on.

I even have nightmares sometimes that my geckos lose their tails. I have never had a gecko drop its tail so I have no clue why I worry so much.

Anyone else? Or am I schizophrenic? :

Thanks

I am the exact same way and I have no idea why. I am strangely scared of having a frog butt...I guess I think they are so much more attractive with tails.
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

I don't check all the time but I do worry something will happen to their beautiful tails. Not a fan of frog butts

Thanks

I was like that when I fist got into cresties but then my boyfriend brought me home a frog butt and I could care less if it has a tail or not.

Thanks

I used to be very afraid of one losing a tail. I would even hunt out ones to buy that already had theirs missing, so I would not have to worry about it.

Now it does not bother me so much. Of course different story when my one day old baby lost his during the start of a photo shoot
    People don't like frogbutts normally so it is hard to sell them that way, even though I don't mind it and that is how they exist in the wild.

I have found though once they reach adulthood they seem to hang onto them much better! I think it is more common for little ones to lose tails for whatever reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allhallows View Post
    Or am I schizophrenic? :
    You may be obsessing about their tails for no reason, but I don't see how that would make you have multiple personalities....
    1.0.0 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus: Mitsurugi
    1.0.0 Rescue Leo: Mr. Wiggles (please visit this thread, I need all the help I can get)

Dreaming of that face again, It's bright and blue and shimmering... Grinning wide and comforting me with its three warm and wild eyes Third Eye -- tool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
    You may be obsessing about their tails for no reason, but I don't see how that would make you have multiple personalities....
    Totally off topic but:

Despite its etymology, schizophrenia is not the same as dissociative identity disorder, previously known as multiple personality disorder or split personality, with which it has been erroneously confused.

Thanks

that was exatly what i was scared off wen i first got mine, i was so scared that my crestie would drop her lovely looking tail but know i am not as worried about her dropping her tail but i don't like the look of cresties without there tail so would be devistated if she dropped heres. what causes a crestie to drop there tail. i know if grab there tail they drop it but what else.

Thanks

I've misted skittish geckos and they have dropped there tails.
    Vaccuming during the day can cause them to loose there tails.
    Fights with cage mates.
    Fear.. Multipul things will make them drop there tails.

Thanks

I like them when they have no tails, not to say i will be yanking them off, but it adds personality. they seem more, wise, after the incedent...